Chapter 43 - 'Shi Meng Hua'

Xi Xuan leapt swiftly towards the Shard.

With a flick of his wrist, Xi Xuan's closed fan whizzed across the distance to knock the sharp shard from Ghost's unsteady grasp. The weapon skittered across the ground harmlessly as the fan whirled back to its master. Xi Xuan caught it effortlessly in mid air. The next instant, he come up behind Ghost and hit both sides of his neck with quick powerful strikes. The dazed Five collapsed into Xi Xuan's arms with a grunt. That should keep him down for a few minutes.

"Bring him inside. Quickly! Before he recovers."

They carried the Shard's limp body in and lay him down on a bed. Once inside, Xi Xuan called out to a maid.

"Bring me the small incense burner and some scarves for us."

"Yin! After Fong brings in the burner and scarves, close all the windows and door to this room." ordered Captain Zhang. "Guard the door and make sure no one else comes in ... or goes out without Lord Zhang's order!"

"Yes Sir!"

The soldier closed the door. His brass voice could be heard relaying his Captain's orders. Shadows appeared outside the doors and windows as soldiers took up their positions.

In a few moments, the solid brass burner was brought in and the tight-lipped maid was dismissed. All of House Zhang knew how to keep secrets.

Xi Xuan brought out a small pouch and carefully chose a marked white sachet. 'Silent dreams'. Unfolding the paper, he poured its contents into the open burner. Then he handed out the scarves. He did not have to tell Xi Xiu and Zi Min to cover their mouths and noses before lighting the incense. Although the Zhang household had built up a tolerance to the tranquilizing smoke, its initial effect was still quite strong.

Soon a thin wispy tendril rose into the air. A sickly sweet smell followed it.

None too soon, Xiao Gui groaned and started moving. A chop to the neck only lasted so long.

"Ughhh ... so hot," Xiao Gui groaned tugging at his white under shirt. He had to get it off. In fact, he had to get all his clothes off.

"Hold him!" instructed Xi Xuan urgently. "Don't let him get away!"

Realizing there were people around him trying to hold him down, the Shard sprang up pushing everyone away. Training took over as he landed in a low stance ready to attack anyone who tried to corner him. By now, he was totally dazed, hot and aroused. Xiao Gui started panting, tortured groans and whimpers punctuating his desperate gasps for air.

Tossing off his shirt onto the floor, he flicked his long bangs away from his face. He couldn't see anything clearly. Everything was hazy but still his eyes kept straying to the girl's figure. She was the only girl in the room. Half dressed and sweating, he let out a low growl. Fear and lust overcame him as the potent drug took full effect.

Why couldn't he control his body? With every move, his sensitized skin felt shivers of pleasure as the cloth from his pants brushed against his groin and legs. Wild unbridled lust clouded his mind and drove him mad. He had to get away! He needed to get away! Confused and scared, his dark eyes darted around the room as he crouched in defensive stance like a cornered animal. Those people were trying to get him. He had to escape!

"Quick Xi Xiu, bring the burner closer to Xiao Gui!"

"Don't get too close!" warned Captain Zhang. The crazed Shard was dangerous. Who knew if he was still in his right mind or not. The look he just gave them was one without recognition.

The girl sprang up and moved the smoking pot closer to the youth. By now, the smoke had thicken and its cloying fumes was rising rapidly. Xi Xuan obligingly fanned his handheld fan to direct the fumes towards Xiao Gui. Since the door and windows were closed, the smoke only grew thicker in the room. The Shard choked and coughed as he had no choice but to inhale the burning herbs. He was getting dizzy, his eyes heavy and struggled to stay upright.