The Beginning Of The End

January 2, 1967

"Welcome to the world, sweet Josephine. You will make your papa proud."

**

"Take the child! Take her back to the lab, I'll meet you there shortly Sam."

"What are you going to do with Cynthia? Josephine needs her mother!" Dr. Owens says as he quickly takes a crying Josephine away from Brenner.

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you at the lab." Brenner says sternly.

**

"Don't worry my sweet, this will only hurt for a moment." Brenner says as he turns on the tattoo gun.

**

"I have someone very special here that wants to meet you Two." Brenner says smiling down at a wide-eyed Josephine. "It's alright, come here." He motions for someone to come over.

A young man around the age of 21 walked over to Josephine and Dr. Brenner.

"Josephine this is your brother, Peter. But you will call him One."

January 2, 1968

"Happy first birthday Two."

Josephine babbles at her father and puts her hand into her mouth.

"Let's see if we can accomplish anything today." Brenner says as he smiles down at the child and walks out of her room.

January 2, 1969

"Two, we've practiced this many times before." Brenner says patiently. "Just focus on moving the red block next to the yellow one. Do you remember which one is yellow Two?"

Two, with wires on her head monitoring her brain waves, looks at the yellow block.

"Excellent Two. Now move the red block next to the yellow block."

Two focuses on the red block as Dr. Brenner watches the monitor. Her brain waves start to spike rapidly.

"Excellent Two, you can do it!" He says excitedly.

Slowly, but surely the red block starts to float. Moving over the green block, the purple block, and the blue block. Finally, lowering to the right of the yellow block.

Brenner shakes his head and smiles as he writes notes on his clipboard. He's proud of the abilities she has at the early age of two. When he looks back up and over at Two, he sees that she's passed out with blood dripping out of her nose.

"My sweet Two, looks like it's your nap time."

Dr. Brenner picks her up and carries her back to her room.

January 2, 1970

"Happy birthday Josephine."

"One, you're going to get in trouble." She scolds Peter.

"How so?" He jokingly asks her.

"You said my real name!" She whisper shouts at him.

"Well we are the only ones in the Rainbow Room and Three is taking a nap. So unless you're going to tell Papa-."

"No!" Josephine shouts. Her eyes widen, scared she's going to get into trouble. "I won't tell Papa." She whispers to Peter.

"Good." He says smiling.