The Gate

Mike walks past me and goes straight to Eleven. 

"Eleven." Mike says as he and El walk up to each other.

"Mike." She says as Mike pulls her in for a hug.

El starts to cry as they rock back and forth. A warm smile begins to form on my face.

They're so cute.

"Is that..." I hear Max whisper behind me.

"I never gave on you." Mike says when they release. "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days." El finishes. "I heard."

Oh my god, I think I'm gonna cry.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper says from behind us.

Mike turns around and Hopper steps past us, straight to El.

"The hell is this? Where you been?" He asks El once he is standing in front of her.

"Where have you been?" Eleven seethes.

Hopper pulls her in for a hug.

"You've been hiding her." Mike confronts him. 

Shock waves over everyone's faces, including mine.

"You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yells as he shoves Hopper from behind.

"Hey!" Hopper yells as he quickly spins around. He grabs Mike by the shirt, "Let's talk. Alone."

Hopper and Mike walk out of the living room. I take this as my chance to greet Eleven myself.

"Hi, El." I say smiling once I gain her attention.

"Sister." She says as I pull her in for an embrace. "I have so much to tell you, I was with Eight." She says as we pull apart.

"Eight?" I question her, whispering.

Before she can respond, Dustin and Lucas bombard her, pulling her into a group hug.

"We missed you." Lucas tells her.

"I missed you, too." She says.

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin says.

"It's true, they did." I confirm, smiling.

They pull away, El watches Dustin smile and suddenly, puts a finger in his mouth, causing him to pull away. "Teeth."

"What?"

"You have teeth."

Dustin smiles at Lucas, who returns it. "Oh, You like these pearls? Grrrrr." 

"Oh, God, Dustin." I say chuckling.

"Eleven?" Max says walking up to her.

El looks at her skeptically, as the boys make room for Max.

"Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max says, holding out her hand for El to shake.

El ignores her and walks past, straight to Joyce. Joyce pulls her in for a hug.

"Hey. Hey, sweetheart." Joyce says comfortingly.

"Can I see him?" El asks.

Joyce nods her head and leads El to Will's room. Shortly, they walk back out and go straight to the kitchen. They overlook the words 'OPEN GATE' written on the piece of cardboard.