Let The Flames Begin

"The gate." Dustin and Steve say simultaneously, as we continue to watch the Russians open it.

"This isn't  good." I say stepping away from the window. "This is not good." I say turning around and going back into the comms room. 

"I don't understand, You've seen this before?" Robin says as her, Steve, Dustin, and Erica descend down the stairs. 

"Not exactly." Steve says.

"Then what, exactly?" Robin asks Steve and Dustin.

"All you need to know is it's bad." Dustin says.

"Really bad." Steve says.

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin says as they enter the room with me.

"And you know about this how?" Robin asks.

"I've seen it." I state, causing everyone's eyes to fall on me.

"You've seen this before?" Robin asks me.

"Yes." I say to robin before turning my attention to Steve and Dustin. "You guys have to go. All of you."

"What are you talking about?" Steve asks me.

"You guys need to lea-"

"Wait, Dani." Dustin cuts me off.

"I can't let them open it again."

"Again? What are you talk-" Robin goes to say but I cut her off.

"Leave. Find Hopper,"

"Hopper? What's the Chief of Police going to do?" Robin asks 

 "-have him call in back up, tell him what's happen-"

"Daniel-" Steve starts to say, shaking his head.

"Tell Hopper what's happening." I speak over him. "I can keep them from opening the gate."

"No! No one is splitting up here!" Steve yells, walking up to me. "You're not staying here, alone. We're all going to leave and then we can tell Hopper... together." He says, now holding both of my hands. 

"Would someone please explain to me, what the hell is going on?" Robin yells

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica says.

Steve looks away from me and to the floor, where the Russian was. Alarms begin to blare through the building. 

"Shit." Steve says, letting go of my hands, running over to the door. He opens it, just to slam it shut again. "Shit." 

"Go. Go, go, go, go!" He yells, running back up the stairs. 

"Shit." Dustin says and I push him forward, following everyone up the stairs. 

Russian guards bust through the door and quickly find us climbing up the stairs. Robin is up top, holding the door open as we run up. Once everyone is through, I turn around and throw my hand up, blasting the guards back down the stairs. 

"Holy shit. How did you do that?" Robin asks as I rush through the door.

"Tell you later. Run!" I shout as we run after Dustin, Steve, and Erica. 

Dustin leads us through a door, which is the room where the scientist are. Their chairs squeak as they turn to look at us. 

"Go! Shit! Shit! Shit, shit, shit!" Steve yells as we break into a sprint, running out of the room and into the opening with the laser. 

Dustin screams, pushing past a scientist, as we run on the metal walkway. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" He screams as we come to the edge of the walkway, right next to the laser.