The Pollywog

After sliding my shoes on, I grab my backpack and car keys. As I shut the door to my room, I hear noise coming from inside Dustin's. Debating if I should knock or not, I decide not to. I walk in without knocking. 

"Ah!" Dustin screams as he quickly turns around and guards the turtle enclosure.

"Ah!" I scream. "What the hell are you doing?" I shout at him.

Dustin ignores my question. He runs over to me, pulls me inside his room, and quietly slides his door shut.

"I think I've made a discovery." He says.

"Ugh, Dustin, if this is some weird type of amphibian or something, I'm leaving." I say and turn to leave.

Dustin quickly grabs my hand and pulls me over to the enclosure. Yerlte is on the floor.

"Nice Dustin. I almost stepped on your turtle. I should call wildlife rescue on your ass."

"Shut the hell up and listen to me.  Are you listening?"

"Actively, yes."

"Great. Now, what I'm about to show you, is top secret. Can you handle top secret?"

"Dustin, I was created by the government. I'm pretty sure I can handle a little secret."

"Right, forgot about that." He slides out of the way, so I can see inside the enclosure. "This is D'Artagnan. Dart for short."

"Whoah." I say, bending down and getting a little closer to the glass. "This is definitely some weird amphibian. What is it?" I ask 

"I'm not sure. So, I need to go to the library."

"Won't you be late for school." I say, turning my head to look at Dustin.

"Are you shitting me right now? Dani, I'm on the verge of a rare discovery. I need my paddles." He says offended.

I stand upright and put my hands up in surrender. "Okay, Dustin. No need to get your panties in a wad."

"Can you give me a ride?"

"Yeah, just put your bike in the back." I say and go to leave his room. When I get to the door, I turn around. "Oh, and don't forget to turn your books in. Five at a time." I say holding up five fingers.

He flips me off.

"Hey, you're getting pretty good with that." I say and leave his room.

**

After dropping Dustin off at the public library, I drove to school. When I pull into the parking lot, everyone was walking inside. The only spot available was next to, you guessed it. Billy fucking Hargrove. Who is also leaning against his car. I can feel his eyes on me as I put my car in park and grab my bag. Just ignore him. I open my door and get out. 

"Hi Danielle." Billy says.

Following my plan, I ignore him and walk into school.

However, he's quick to follow right after me. Neither one of says a word as we reach my locker. I open it and throw my bag inside.

"You know, that stunt you pulled last night, really pissed me off." Billy says breaking the silence. "However, I'm willing to give you a second chance." He says seductively as I shut my locker.

"Really?" I say sweetly as I turn to him and smile. 

"Really." He states as he leans on the locker next to mine.

"Okay. I mean, as long as you're referring to me kicking you in the balls again as the second chance. I will gladly accept." I say with a sarcastic smile.