September 8, 1979

He makes his way to the door.

"Right on schedule." He thinks, as the sound of the daily paper hits his front door with a thud. 

He proceeds to open the door and steps outside, in his house shoes and pjs. He bends over, picking up the paper, and takes it back inside, shutting the door behind him.

He's your typical Average Jo. 

Sort of.

He prefers tea instead of coffee in the mornings. Taking the kettle off of the burner, he walks over to the kitchen table and begins to pour the boiling water over the tea bag, that rests inside his ivory mug. His choice; Earl Grey.

Like the perfectionist he is, he places the paper down neatly on the kitchen table. Not really caring for the daily news, he opens it to the crossword section. Quizzing himself is a great way to get his brain going. He sets a timer for 10 minutes and begins with number 1 on the puzzle.

"Shoe mark." He reads to himself and fills in the 5 empty boxes with the word, "Scuff."

He's quite fast. His brain working exceptionally sharp this morning. He skillfully, works through all of the puzzle. Soon enough, the timer dings, signaling the end of the 10 minutes.

"Perfect." He thinks to himself as he finishes his last word and places the pencil down, neatly on the paper.

With his brain now on point, ready for the day ahead of him. He begins to get ready for work. Although, he takes notice that his only plant, is in need of a trim. He holds the pruning shears in his right hand and carefully, trims the small tree to perfection. 

Afterwards, he shaves his face, keeping it clean and free of facial hair.

Sliding his closet doors open, he picks out his typical grey suit. To him, all of them are different. He takes the one from the middle and begins to get dressed. His pants, crisp white shirt, and vest are on as he tightens the knot of his tie, with the help of his full length mirror. Today, he picked one that is striped, with colors of blue, beige, and white. He puts his blazer on and takes a long look at himself in the mirror. 

"Today, is going to be a good day." He speaks out loud, giving himself a pep-talk.

After he puts on his sleek, black shoes, he grabs his suitcase and heads to the door. Not before taking a quick glance at the happy, family portrait that once was. 

"I miss them." 

It has been 8 years since the sudden passing of his beloved daughter, Josephine.

Today, marks the 10th year since his wife "Left."

**

Martin opens the door to the Rainbow Room, walking inside. He looks around the room full of children, eyes scanning for a specific one.

He spots him, sitting alone, playing with a Magic 8 Ball.

"That's your favorite, isn't it?" He asks 010, as he takes a seat next to him.