Trick or Treat, Freak

It's Halloween. I grab my bag and go into the living room. Dustin is in his Stantz costume. He, Mike, Lucas, and Will are coordinating. My mom is currently taking pictures of him. 

"Oh! I want to see this pearls. Yeah!" My mom says to him.

I can't help but laugh as my little brother smiles while he holds up the proton blaster.

"Dani, sweetie get in there! I want a picture of my babies together."

I smile at her as I drop my bag onto the floor. I stand next to Dustin and wrap my arm around his shoulder as he keeps holding up the proton blaster.

"Who you gonna call?" My mom says to us

"Ghostbusters!" We say and smile as she snaps a picture of us.

**

I'm sitting in my fourth period art class, when someone sits down next to me.

"Hey, stranger." He says.

I look over and see that it's Eddie.

"Oh, hey, haven't seen you in a while. Skipping again?" I ask smirking.

"Some things never change." He shrugs. "Well some things do." He says as he's looking at me.

"I haven't changed that much." I say facing forward.

"Maybe not on the inside." He says also facing forward.

"Is that such a bad thing? For me to look different?" I say a little defensive.

"What? No, no it's just-"

"Just what?"

"It's just, you're starting to look like them. I hope you won't turn into one of them is all." 

The bell rings, indicating that class is over. 

"Sorry to disappoint you Eddie." I say as I grab my things and leave.

**

I go straight home after school. Once I'm there, I go inside, and head straight for my room. 

"Hi Mews." I say to her as I throw my bag on the floor.

I pick Mews off of my bed and carry her into the kitchen with me. I sit her down on the floor, grab some cat food from under the sink, and put it in her food dish. 

"Eat up Mews."

I decide to make a pb&j for myself and watch some T.V. to waste some time. After watching some re-runs of Family Ties, I get up and take a shower. 

As I sit at my desk and do my makeup, I hear the front door open.

"Hi baby." I hear my mom say to Mews.

"Sweetheart!" My mom calls out for me.

"I'm in my room mom!" I yell back to her.

She knocks on my door.

"Come in." I say as I'm putting my lipstick on.

My mom opens the door with Mews in her arms. 

"Aw Dani, you look so beautiful." She says once she sees my makeup.

"Thanks mom." I say smiling at her.

"I just wanted to remind you to go trick-or-treating with Dusty."

"Yeah, about that... I actually have a date. A boy asked me to go to a party with him tonight, so I was hoping that I could skip trick-or-treating."

"You have a date? What's his name?" Mom asks excitedly.