Dear Billy

"It was here." Max says pointing her flashlight to a wall in the hallway. "Right here."

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy questions.

"It was so real." She cries. "And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin says.

Max turns around and faces us with tears streaming down her face. "That's not even the bad part." She says and walks past us and back to Ms. Kelley's office. 

We follow as she opens the door and walks up to the desk, standing behind it as we all surround her. 

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat and then they started seeing things."

"What kind of things?" I ask her.

"Bad things. From their pasts." She says as her eyes start to water. "And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."

"Vecna's curse." Robin states.

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max admits. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..." Max cries frustratingly. "Looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow." 

El I could really use your help right about now. 

Suddenly, a clang is heard coming from the hallway and all of our heads turn towards it.

"Stay here." Steve says before walking to the door. 

"I'm coming with you." I say following him. 

Steve goes to protest but I quickly shut him down, "Don't even start." I say causing him to roll his eyes. 

Before we walk out of the room, he picks up a lamp and holds it up as a weapon before leading us into the hallway. Dustin, Robin, Nancy, and Max eventually follow us out. We keep making our way down the hallway until a loud clanging noise comes from the hallway on our left, making Steve and I jump back a little. Loud footsteps quickly come our way and Steve holds up the lamp higher, ready to swing as I hold up my hand, flame engulfing it. 

A figure quickly appears, scaring us shitless. Steve screams raising the lamp, as I blast my fire, causing the figure to quickly duck as the fire ball hits the wall behind it.

"It's me!" The figure screams.

"Lucas?" I exclaim as someone has their flashlight pointed him crouching down to the floor. 

"It's me." Lucas whines. 

"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve shouts.

"I'm sorry." Lucas says as he slowly stands back up, noticing the fire in my hand burn out. 

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!"

"Yeah! Yeah, and I almost burned you to a crisp!" I shout, pointing to the burnt mark on the wall behind him.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry." Lucas says huffing as Steve puts down the lamp and we share a similar look of distress mixed with relief. "I was... I was biking for eight miles. Give me one second." He says holding up a finger as he pants. "Shit. We've got a code red."