Long Time, No See

"Where do you think you're going, Two?" 

Was the last thing I heard as I scream, falling through the void. Suddenly, I land hard on my back, causing me to groan in pain, squeezing my eyes shut. I roll over on my stomach, pushing myself up on my hands and knees. As I open my eyes. colors of a rainbow are the first things I see. 

"No." I cry. Immediately realizing where I am as I stand up.

I begin to scan the rainbow room, vines cover the floor and walls. Blood is splattered everywhere. 

A child's laughter begins to fill the room, making me turn in circles, searching for it. 

"Peter, come play checkers with me." A little girl's voice calls out. 

"I'm coming, Jo." A male's voice laughs with the girl's. 

As I keep turning, searching for the voices, the room clears up, going back to the way I remember it. The floors are clean of vines and blood as a little girl, no older than four, runs past me and over to a table on the other side of the room. 

A tall, blonde, guy, looks to be in his mid 20's, follows her, taking a seat directly across from her. He's wearing a white dress shirt with matching pants.

"Do you remember, Josephine?" Vecna says, darkly to me as I watch the little girl and young man set up their checker pieces.

"That's me." I whisper as I look at the little girl in a hospital gown. 

So, that must mean. The guy sitting across from my younger self is... 

"One." I whisper. 

One and my younger self begin to play the game. 

"Training starts any minute now." One, says to my younger self. 

"Okay." I say, sadly. 

"Hey. Don't be sad, Jo. You're going to do great today." 

"Happy birthday, Two. I colored this for you." Another child says, emerging out of thin air. The little boy hands my younger self a coloring sheet.

"Thank you, Three!" My younger self smiles at him and stands up, reaching out for a hug,

Suddenly, the keypad on the door beeps, gaining all three of our's attention. 

Brenner emerges from the other side, making me stumble back as he unknowingly walks closer to me.

"Good morning, children!" He says, looking over at One, Three, and I as we quickly stand from the table. 

"Good morning, Papa!" Three and I say back.

"In honor of Two's fourth birthday, we are going to play a game."

Three and my younger self look at each other and smile excitedly. My father reaches his hands out for them to hold. One follows closely behind as I watch the four of them leave the rainbow room.

"I always knew you were special." Vecna says to me. "It wasn't until your fourth birthday when I realized just how special you truly were." He says lowly as I'm transported into a different room.

This is the exam room where we were tested on in a small group. One never participated because of how old he was, so it was just Three and I. Two white circles are drawn next to each other on the floor. 

"Two, go stand in a circle." Brenner says to my younger self. 

I watch as I let go of his hand and walk to a circle, standing  in the middle of it.