The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Immediately, I hear Steve's screams as I pull myself out of the gate and stand on a dried up lake-bed. Vines cover the ground as I run in the direction of Steve's screams. 

A bat-looking-creature is choking him with its long tail wrapped around Steve's neck as two more sink their fangs into the sides of his torso, biting him repeatedly. I waste no time and blast the one of bats off of Steve and it flies away. 

"Get the fuck away from my boyfriend." I say to the other bat that is still biting him, before blasting it off of him too. 

Robin, Nancy, and Eddie appear behind me. 

"Quick hold it, Robin!" I shout as she runs over to the bat that's choking Steve.

"I got it." She says and stomps down on its tail, keeping it from flying. 

I hold my hand out to the bat and it begins to screech in pain as I apply pressure to it. 

"Shit!" Eddie shouts as another bat swoops down and he hits it with his oar. "Nancy, behind you! Watch out!" He shouts as another attacks Nancy, latching onto her back.

"Oh, my God. Nancy!" Robin screams, running to help her.

"Robin, move!" I yell at her, breaking my attention off of Steve, igniting my hand. 

Robin moves out of the way and I blast my fire to the bat on Nancy's back, knocking it off and burning it to a crisp.

"God damn it! Shit!" Eddie shouts as he misses a bat, chucking a broken half of his oar. Another one swoops down at Eddie and I, causing us to quickly duck. "Shit!" 

Before the bat can get further away, I throw my fire at it, knocking it down and it screeches in pain.

"Come here!" Steve shouts, gaining my attention.

"Steve!" I shout, watching him stand as he holds onto that bat's tail that was once wrapped around his neck. 

Steve starts to slam the bat down over his shoulder, repeatedly, causing it to screech. After one last hard slam to the ground, Steve holds it down with his foot. He roughly pulls back at the tail, ripping its body in half and tosses the other somewhere in the distance. Steve spits the blood that's coming out of his mouth on the bat before walking away. 

"Steve." I say, rushing over to him, putting out my flame. 

"Jesus Christ." Eddie cries. "Jesus H. Christ!" He then screams before throwing his oar to the ground.

"Steve, are you okay?" I ask as his back still faces me, I turn him around. 

"Well they took about a pound of flesh." He says as I scan his body for more wounds. "But other than that, yeah, never better." He says sarcastically, causing me to chuckle a little. 

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asks as she kneels next to a bat.

"What?" Steve and I ask her.

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor like really soon because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead."

Loud screeching is heard coming towards us in the distance. We look in the direction it's coming from and see a large group of bats flying our way. I stand in front of Steve and get in a defensive stance as Nancy, Robin, and Eddie, gather behind us. We all watch as the bats land next to the gate, blocking our way out.

"All right. There's not that many." I say as I, once again, ignite my hands, causing the bats to screech up at me. "I can take 'em. Burn them into a crisp right here, right now."