|~Trust and lies|(4)

Your pov

I ran, as soon as I heard his voice. 

You know that flight or fight instinct? Well that voice triggered the flight part, I continued to sprint until I made it back to the house, I found myself unconsciously looking for someone.

I mean, I thought I would stop at Glenn's tent but I found myself running further, maybe I would stop at the RV and pour my heart out to the old man in the Hawaiian shirt? But no, I ran straight into the house, Beth would maybe be the one I confided in? No, running past her room I entered the one in witch I had first woken up in.

"Y/n? Are you okay? Whats wrong honey?" Her voice melted me, I hadn't noticed tears streaming down my face, pulling me into a hug I buried my head into the crook of her neck while she stroked my hair in a soothing way.

"I'm sorry, I-I just" I tried to stammer out "Y-You've been acting like a mum and I didn't know who else" I let out sobbing into her shoulder. Even though I couldn't see it, I knew she had a wide smile on her face.

She was a mother to me, a better mother than my actual one, she consoled me when Shane yelled at me asking questions, she was there when I woke up, I had only know her 3 days, but that's like 3 months in the end of the world. 

"I'm not that old" She joked, I pulled hack and gave her a smile, her smile was warm and motherly, I could tell she was the worlds best mum. You know what, I'm going to find her that mug.

"Hey Carol you seen- Oh there you are" Dale walked into the room "Rick and Shane want to talk to you about something in the Barn" Dale informed 

"Thanks" I thanked him, giving a 'you're welcome' nod, he left 

"Come back and talk to me later Y/n, okay?" Carol looked at me, still giving that warm smile that radiated the words 'I care about you' but yet the smile wasn't sympathetic 

"Thanks  Carol" I stopped crying wiping my tears, Carol gave a motherly smile 

That smile gave me a feeling of warmth, I felt so bad for her, Glenn had told me about Ed, how he was like Ryan, my husband was never a nice person, and by the sound of it, he was exactly like Ed, I had been in her shoes and it wasn't nice.

Leaving the room, I made my way back tot the barn to talk to Rick and Officer Ass wipe. 

~

I walked close to the barn once again, Rick and Shane were deep in conversation, Daryl lent against the side of the barn as if listening to something, not wanting to be near officer Dickhead until it was absolutely necessary, I made a B-line for the scruffy hunter 

"You good?" Was the first words spoken, he stood straight now 

"Yeah just-" His eyes bore down on me, wow they were blue, they were so blue they could have put the sky to shame.

"He from your old group?" He asked snapping me out of my daze, I nodded looking down, that feeling of embarrassment rushing back to me 

"Y/n,  are you okay?" Rick asked walking towards me and Daryl, Shane followed behind.

"Yeah, yeah just, I know him" My eyes locked with the floor, my mind now fixed on the person sat in the barn.

"You mind sitting in while we question him? Help see if he's lying?" Rick asked, sympathy in his voice, he had placed a hand on my shoulder in a soothing way.

"You crazy man? What if she helps him?" Shane hissed, annoyance clear in his voice, giving him a glare, I heard Daryl mumble something 

"Dale's right" Rick didn't seem to hear, neither Shane, it seemed I was the only one to hear the mans comment, turning around I gave Daryl a small, nearly unnoticeable nod. 

"Shane is there something we need to talk about?" Rick turned to his so called 'best friend', tilting his head slightly.

Daryl's pov

Did Shane really just say Y/n was working with the guy in the barn? She risked her bloody life to bring back a dude she barely knows.

"No man, just, I don't trust her, showin' up look like a priss princess" Shane leans into Rick talking in his ear, though he made no effort to whisper, I looked at Y/n who just stood there in disbelief.

"I don't mind" Y/n cut in before Shane or Rick could start an argument

"Okay then, I'll go question him, and Y/n here can be our little lie detector." I said, adding a tone to my voice to annoy Shane 

"What would you do without me" Y/n smirked, Shane's face now livid, before he could burt out with anger, I gently guided Y/n towards the entrance of the barn.

~

"How many men in your group?" I asked this question again, I had asked it at least 6 times now, but the little cunt seemed evident of staying quiet, Y/n was sat on a milking stool in the corner, she decided to sit in the shadow after he was blindfolded so he didn't know where she was.

She either hated him, or was scared of him, Y/n hadn't spoken yet, but neither had he.

Ripping off the blindfold, I unsheathed a knife and grabbed the injured leg 

"Talk" I yelled into his face, panic set into his eyes as he began to squirm.

"Fine okay" His voice shaky and scared "15, there are 25 of us, I swear" His voice still shaky.

"Lie" I heard a dark voice from the corner, she sounded pissed off, his eyes now darted towards the shadowed corner the voice came from.

"Y-Y/n?" He stammered "I thought they killed you, look come one, we're friends, tell 'em" He pleaded to her, all I heard was the sound of a knife being pulled hastily out a holster, a whip of air and a thud.

A small glinting silver throwing knife was now lodged into the wood of the walls, centimeters away from the head of the man I was interrogating

"Don't lie Randal, it wont end well" Y/n seethed, she was still sat in the corner of the barn.

"Woah, that was cool" A young voice came from the door that I now realized was ajar, shit, Carl.

"Hey dude, whacha doing down here? Does your daddy know?" She asked Carl, she had stood up now, walking towards him, her voice soft now 

"Can you teach me that?" Carl asked her, ignoring her question, smiling internally at her behavior towards the young child, she grabbed his hand and lead him out of the barn, quickly popping her head back in.

"I'll watch Carl for a bit, tell me what he says" Was all she said before leaving, I looked back to Randal as I now knew his name.

"How do you know Y/n?" Another voice came, this one belonged to Shane, he was now stood at the door, I looked at him with a 'seriously dude?' look

"What you doin' man, I got this" I said annoyed, Shane just smiled

"You're needed, I can take over" He said, sounding almost happy, thumbs looped round his belt loops.

"Fine" I mumbled, grabbing the knife Y/n had left and slumping out the barn.

Ohhhh what's Mr Egghead planning, also I have some very, urm... creative names for Shane so watch out for them :)