|~Liability~|(7)

Daryl Dixon 

It had been a couple days since Y/n passed out, and of course, Shane had had some 'secret' talks with Rick about how she was a liability and if we needed to leave quickly, it would kill the group, Carol hasn't moved from that chair.

I asked about it, she said Y/n reminded of her of Sophia, said they had some similar issues. Carol deserved to have Y/n, which is why I was so determined on bringing her back, I didn't want Carol to loose anyone else.

Fuck.

What would Merle think?

'Riskin' your life for some pansy ass whore, you've gone soft brother' That's what he would say, and then he's force me to break her heart or something.

"Hey Rick, I'm going on a run quickly, think I know where some Physostigmine is, get Y/n up and moving" I said walking past Rick towards the bike 

"Yeah, urh Daryl, about that, I don't want you risking your life for it, we need all the man power we have" I scoffed at him

"Nah, we need her, don't matter what your buddy Shane says" I squared up to him, before walking off, ignoring his calls for me to come back.

Y/n was a good shot, good with Carol when she found something that reminded her of Sophia or Ed, wasn't bad company either, plus she meant something to Glenn, and from what he told me, she ain't had it too easy. Glenn really needed to learn how to keep secrets.

~

I told Hershel about what I found in Shane's pocket and gave him the meds we had stashed, asked him not to tell Rick about it.

He said Y/n was going to be up in a few hours, Carol was relieved, Shane seemed a little... upset when I said Y/n was getting better, Dale was definitely right 

"Hey Daryl, good job on getting her the stuff she needed" Shane patted me on the shoulder, giving a weird smile.

"Yeah, wouldn't want someone to be blamed for drugging someone would we?" I said in an accusing tone, Glenn had pulled me aside the other day and I told him about Shane and the needle.

"Hey Daryl, Carol wants you" Hershel said towards me, stopping on the front steps of his porch, I nodded and gave one last look to Shane before walking into the house.

"He-" I began getting cut off my someone hugging me, surprised I hugged them back, looking around I saw Carol smiling happily, wait if Carol was there, then. She woke up. 

"Thank you" She pulled away from the hug, looking down 

"Yeah, don't mention it, but urh, can we talk?" I asked looking at Carol practically passing out on the chair she had sat in, she nodded, leading her out the room, I pulled Y/n into a corner so this could be kept private "Shane, he drugged you, well I'm pretty sure, but Hershel and Glenn are the only one's who know" I explained quickly 

"What did he use?" She asked confused, I pulled a needle out my pocket and passed it to her "Propofol?" She asked confused looking down at the needle 

Your pov

I sat holding the needle in my hand, Daryl explained it was a drug used to enhance comas and memory loss, I still had my memory's, luckily. He told me he found the counter for it.

I looked up at him, questions running through my mind, why did he do it? Did he want something off me now? How did he know the counter drug? 

"How did you know the counter?" I asked genuinely curious, although without meaning it sounded a bit suspicious, Daryl's eyebrows knitted together, and angered glint now in his eye