|~Lil ass kicker~| (18)

Y/n Y/l/n

Maggie had given me the little baby to hold, I was in shock but the little face staring up at me was helping slightly.

Rick was crying, I was too. Almost everyone was.

I felt Daryl come next to me, he attached something to my belt, then stood there awkwardly 

"No, no" Rick cried out walking back and forth, Carl was silent, tears falling down his cheeks.

Glenn went up to maggie and held her cheeks, I just cuddled the infant more, rocking her gently 

Rick fell to the floor, his hands over his eyes, he didn't want to believe it, no one did.

Yes, Lori wasn't my favorite person sometimes, but I loved her, she was a good mum, and T-dog, I did love him, no decision about it, but Carol, I wasn't prepared to believe her dead yet, she couldn't be.

Right?

Rick had stood up, paced some more and was now staring into the abyss

Daryl had left my side, the infant now crying.

"Rick, Rick"He had placed his hand on Rick's shoulder, calling his name. "Hey can you hear me?" He asked again waving his hand in his face.

Carl came over to me, and looked at the baby, I leant down a bit and he got his arms ready, I passed him the baby gently, carefully, sure not to hurt the beautiful little girl.

"Let me see the baby" Hershel called out, I walked with Carl who was bringing the girl to Hershel 

"We don't have anything to feed it" Daryl came forward, the keys on his belt jingling "We got anything a baby can eat?" He asked again 

Hershel pulled away the jacket holding her slightly, he smiled at the infant.

"Good news is, she looks healthy" he now looked to Daryl "But she needs formula, and soon, or she won't survive" 

"Nope, no way" Daryl said "Not her, we ain't losing no body else, I'm going for a run" He out the crossbow on his back.

"I'll come" I chirped up, I know it probably wasn't the best idea, but I didn't want to be here anymore

"Nah" Daryl told me, I gave him an annoyed glare "You stay here, with her, she likes you"

"I'll back you up" Maggie now said

"I'll go too"  Glenn followed

"Okay, think where we're going" He told Glenn and Maggie, he then looked at me then Beth.

Daryl Dixon

There ain't no way in hell I was about to let Y/n go on a run, plus, kid needs her here.

Maggie and Glenn had decided to come though.

"Beth, Y/n, come here?" I asked, going slightly out of the way, the two separated from the group, out of earshot 

"Carl just lost his mum, and his dad ain't doing so hot" I said this more to Beth, she nodded 

"I'll look out for him" She smiled, returning to the group, it was just me and Y/n now.

"I know what you're going to say, I'm not leaving that kids side" She said with an attitude. 

"Good, I promise we'll bury them when I get back" I told her, she looked down at this.

"thank you" She muttered, with that, she walked back towards Carl.

"You two, keep on the gates, if they pile up, we got ourselves a problem" I shouted "Glenn, Maggie, vaminos" I yelled, Rick had gotten up, walked towards his axe before storming into the prison with purpose.