|~Michonne~| (34)

Heya guys, sorry I've not updating in a hot minute! School is stressful and I just got a cat who has decided my laptop is now his personal bed.

Also remember to check out my other stories, and please vote and comment of the book, it helps wattpad show it to more people (:

Y/n Y/l/n

I woke up with a pounding in my head, I sat up groaning, placing my head in my hands, my eyes then went wide as I remembered what happened before I collapsed.

That fucking prick.

I stood up now, pushing my headache to the side, my first balled up, my knuckles.

I went outside and saw Hershel, Beth, Carl and Carol who had Judith on her lap sat on one of the tables outside.

"Y/n!" Beth Yelled upon seeing my, running up and hugging me, I hugged her back, nodding at Hershel, after I separated from the hug, Carl stood up and we did the handshake we created while bored in the prison one day.

"Y/n, are you sure your rested, heat stroke does a number"? He asked concerned, so that's the lie they came up with, heat stroke, I smiled, deciding to go along with it until I talked to them.

"Yeah, take more than a bit of sun to take me down" I said flexing my muscles making the small group laugh.

"Good to see you're up" Glenn said from behind, I smiled but it dropped when I saw Rick standing with Glenn and Maggie.

They walked over and stood with us, Beth took her seat next to Hershel again and I sat between Carol and Carl.

"When I met with the governor" he started, I listened in "He offered me a deal, he said" He trailed off, looking down "He said he would leave us alone, if I gave him Michonne" I glared at him as he continued, I hadn't seen Michonne, meaning he did it.

Carol looked to me, she knew I was one of the people Rick relied on to help make choices, I nodded

"And I was gonna do that, to keep us safe" He spoke again, everyone stayed silent "I changed my mind, but now, Merle took Michonne to fulfill the deal, and Daryl went to stop him, and I don't know if it's too late" He rushed the last part out as if he regretted his choice completely "I was wrong not to tell you, and Y/n, I was wrong to force you into that decision" He apologised, I nodded, still pissed at him but it was a start. 

"I'm sorry, what I said last year, that first night, after the farm, it can't be like that, it can't, what we do, what we're willing to do, who we are, it's not my call, it can't be" Was he stepping down as leader?

"I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good, because we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here, not me" He admitted "This is life and death, how you live... how you die, it isn't up to me, I'm not your Governor" he said the name with spite "We choose to go, we choose to stay, we stick together, we vote, we can stay and we can fight, or we can go" As he finished, he walked away, I sat still before following him.

I followed him to one of the guard towers.

"It wasn't meant to go this way Y/n" Rick told me as I stood next to him "I want you to under-" He started but I cut his bullsit off, grabbing a scope from a sniper I'd found that I kept on my belt.

"Hey, look" I told him, pointing to the movement I had spotted, he used the scope of his gun as I jumped as many stairs as I could, I slammed the door of the guard tower open, running to the gate, I embraced the darker skinned woman happily.

~

A little while later, we were all packing up our things, to be on the safe side, we didn't know what was happening and we needed to be prepared. 

Daryl had arrived back but he wasn't talking to anyone, he looked sad.

I packed his things into a bag, grabbing the two medium and one large bag I ended up fitting it into, a smaller backpack filled with things with personal value that I could ditch if needed, including a small polaroid Glenn took of me and Daryl drenched in mud.

We said we had trouble with a walker, but in reality, I slipped and dragged him down with me.

I passed my bags to Beth as I smiled, she gave me a tight uneasy one back, I stood over with Rick and Glenn.

"I've never seen him this man" Glenn said, referring to Carl who just shouldered past his dad "Even with Lori he just shut down" I nodded along with Glenn's point 

"He's still a kid" Rick said whilst looking down, I decided to leave the conversation and go talk to Daryl.

"Hey, you ain't spoken since you got back" I told him going up to him, but I was met with a gaze of pure fury.

"Here to come mouth off to me about how I'm a shit person" He snapped at me, I stood taken aback "Here to yell at me!" He went off again.

"No, I was checking you were alright" I told him "Sorry, I'll go" I spoke after seeing his anger wasn't subsiding anytime soon, I stayed in the area seeing as I'd have to ride with him, Carol came over.

"You know, Merle never did anything like that his whole life" He started speaking to Carol, he still sounded upset but he wasn't angry, I just listened in slightly jealous.

"He gave us a chance" Carol comforted him, as she did, I yanked my coat on, watching him take her hand as she helped him stand, I wouldn't call this Jealousy, Carol was the mother of the group, but, I wish I was in her place.

~

Rick had changed the plan slightly,we were still going to remove our belongings, but, we were going to hide them, wait for the Governor to roll in, then we'd ambush, I'd wait in the guard tower at the entrance, wait for the vehicles to arrive, give the signal through a walkie 

Carl, along with Beth, Judith and Hershel were going to wait with our vehicles so they were out the way, everyone else was hiding around the prison.

I saw the vehicles approaching, and grabbed the walkie.

"Rick, he's coming, he'll be in the gates, in 20..." I begun counting down "10, 9-" before I could get to eight, the tower next to me was pierced with bullets, I saw something approaching the window, diving down, impact of an explosion blasted down.

I felt blood gush from my head as I tumbled down the stairs, around halfway, I stopped, black circling my vision, getting closer, circling around like a shark swimming circles around prey, taunting, waiting for it to claim me.

The radio buzzed as I tried to focus on the blazing wreck above me, trying to push back the darkness circling my vision like a hungry shark.

"Y/n, do you copy? ......." Other words were spoken but my mind boggled and twisted them, making them incoherent to me.

At least it felt like one hell of a hangover and not a bright light, right? 

That means I'm not dying, right?

Well, that didn't end well, but, don't worry, I'll post another chapter by like Tuesday maybe? I don't know, maybe Monday, but not today unfortunately