|~Racoon~| (23)

Y/n Y/l/n

I looked around my cell, looking towards the gruff man sat at the end of the bed, I practically lunged forward to hug him.

I muttered a 'thank you' to him for saving me, seperating from the hug.

I looked into the deep blue eyes of the hunter, his eyes however did not find mine, his eyes drew to my lips.

He slowly leant in, our lips inches from touching, the feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

I shot up, pain radiating throughout my body, I rose my hands to my lips, touching the dryness of them, it was a dream?

I suddenly remembered what happened, the kidnapping, the rape, the rescue.

Where was everyone? Where was the redneck? 

I slowly crept out of bed, wincing.

"Daryl?" I called out, my voice was still hoarse, I felt a pair of arms hug me from behind, I turned around being met with Carl.

Thank goodness, no one was dead.

"Y/n!" He said excitedly, I forgot momentarily about the pain coursing around my figure. "Her name's Judith" I stared confused for a minute before realising he meant lil ass kicker.

"Can I see her?" I asked "And Daryl?" Carl looked up at me, before nodding weakly, I followed him off to a cell.

"C-Carol" I said Looking at the woman holding the baby, she was alive.

Excitement flew through me as I ran hugging her tightly, being sure not to squash the baby.

~

I was sat with Jude on my lap, rocking her gently, Daryl didn't seem to be around anywhere and no-one had said anything.

"Where's Rick?" I asked, I had seen him earlier but not for a while

"He's busy" Carol said patting my shoulder, "Y/n, do you want to come over here?" She continued. I stood up with Judith, not wanting to let go.

Carol took me into a different cell.

"Daryl told Rick what he saw when he found you, Rick's only told me" Carol started, I could feel my heart rate increase slightly "Now, I'm not asking you to talk about it, but I know what you're feeling right now, like nothing can be worse, trust me, my husband wasn't the nicest" I found it slightly comforting she wasn't making me talk about it.

"Thank you" I smiled to the woman before looking into the eyes of the babbling baby in my lap "Where's Daryl?" I asked the question no one had yet answered, Carol looked down.

"He, well, he" She went back on herself as if trying to find the words "He went off with Merle" She finally spat out, I felt a tear in the corner of my eye.

He left. 

"He didn't want to abandon his brother again, and we didn't want Merle back at the prison" She explained, I nodded, a stab of sadness in me.

Daryl Dixon

Me and Merle were busy hunting, he was yapping on about something, I was trying to push past the feeling of guilt about leaving Y/n behind.

"Brother, what you looking at?" His hand took me out of the small trance I was in, I shook my head. He gave a scratchy laugh "Don't tell me your crushing over some pansy ass bitch" 

"Naw man, she ain't no bitch" I told him, slightly annoyed

"What she got you trained? Oh don't tell me it was that h/c haired chick" I stayed silent as he glared at me, I began to skin the snake we had caught "I'll give it to you brother, she's a good one" He gave me a smirk.

I just sat there skinning the snake as he whittered on, I started thinking about her as Merle began setting up a small camp.

Flashback

"Nah, nah, that's wrong" I told her, she frowned, taking back the knife from the fish.

"You told me to do it this way" She said slightly annoyed now "Can you just do it" She whined.

"Nah, come on, you gotta learn"  I told her giving her a sly smirk, she just glared at me.

"Go fuck yourself, I'm building the fire" She stood up huffing, I gave a small laugh, taking out my knife, I finished cutting the fish.

"Hey Y/n, you got the fire?"  I shouted off in the direction she had walked off in, a couple seconds later I yelled gain "Y/n?" After a minute or two and no response, I stood up, grabbing my crossbow.

"Daryl!" She yelled, I panicked, running towards the noise, entering a small clearing, I saw her sitting down petting something.

"What the fuck Y/n, you scared me" I let out a breath, she turned around and held something out to me "Is that a fucking racoon?" I asked looking at the animal she held in her hands 

"Yeah, look at it, it's so fluffy, can we keep it? It's not violent" She asked turning the animal around holding it like a baby.

"You're fucking crazy" I told her "It's a racoon, it's more like dinner" She looked up at me with an almost horrified look "What?" 

"Don't you fucking touch Newt" She sounded annoyed now, holding the trash panda closer.

"You named it?" She smiled widely nodding "Why Newt? It's a racoon, not a lizard" I started at her bewildered

"It's a movie reference" She told me "Have you seriously never watched Maze Runner?" I shook my head "It's amazing, it was my favorite book series, the films were pretty good as well, but there was this amazing character called Newt" She explained.

She continued to talk about the show as we walked back, she kept the racoon cradled in her arms the whole time

End of flashback

Having a little more light in the day, I decided to see if I could find a building or something.

It only took around half and hour until I found a small house, I secured the perimeter before entering the small building, opening the cupboards I found a couple cans of food and a bottle or two of water.

I ended up finding a little girls room, I took one of the toys just in case I ever found myself back at the prison, or I could visit, give it to lil ass kicker.

I didn't want to leave the prison, but Merle couldn't stay there, and Merle's blood.

I looked over to the bookcase as something caught my eye, 'the maze runner' sat on the shelf, collecting dust.

"Oh, I lost my copy, If I ever find one, you need to read it"

Picking it up, I observed the cover it was black with a small green green maze with a person inside it. 

I shoved it in my bag, deciding I would read it, Y/n seemed so passionate about it, I just want to see what the fuss was about

Here we go guys, cute lil moment of Daryl finding a book Y/n recommended