|~The prison~| (11)

Daryl Dixon

We had walked back to the group with the stuff from under the car,  she wasn't bit, but it wasn't good either.

Her ankle was extremely bruised. She told me it happened at the farm when she fell, that she caught her ankle on the bottom of a broken bottle when she fell, and that she sprained it.

I wrapped it up for her and gave her some pain meds before we returned back to the group. I don't know why but I was relieved she wasn't bit, well I do, but I don't want to admit it.

She's good looking, not going to lie about that, little short ass though.

"Y/N!" Someone yelled as we got back to where everyone was gathered. Beth pulled Y/n into a hug, she was in the car with Lori and T-dog.

-7 1/2 months later- (Idk how long it actually was but with Lori giving birth pretty quickly at the prison and them being at the farm a month, it's a wild guess)

We were driving down the road, 3 cars and my bike, Y/n was being stubborn and wouldn't ride with me because I annoyed her, so she was sat with Carol in one of the cars.

We stopped everyone getting out of the car, springing into action, they started scanning the surrounding area.

Glenn was holding onto a map and T-dog was carrying a bag, Carl and Beth kept watch on opposite sides, Y/n gravitated towards Rick and away from me seeing as we had had a heated argument last week and neither of us apologized.

"We got no place left to go" T-dog pointed out, the map was covered in red circles pointing out the areas we had been in recently.

"When this heard meets up with this one, we'll be cut off" Maggie points out, pointing to places on the map "We'll never make it south" She continues 

"What'd you say, it's about 150 head?" I chimed in talking about the heard

"That was last week" Y/n corrected me, glaring at me, fucking hell I knew I pissed her off but Jesus, this is just stupid. "Could be twice that by now" She continued 

"This river could have delayed them" Hershel spoke up now "If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there"

"Yeah but if this group joins with that group they could spill out this way" T-dog points out, all this information was telling us just how screwed we actually were.

"So we're blocked?" Maggie asked, Rick sighed 

"The only thing to do is double back to 27, swing toward Greenville" He suggested 

"Yeah we picked through that already" T-dog reminded , fuck this is getting annoying "It's like we spent the winter going in circles"

"yeah I know, I know, at noon we'll push west, haven't been through there yet, we can't keep going house to house, need to find someplace to hold up for a few weeks" Rick decided on a plan

Maggie rolled up the map and Y/n stood up straight and began to stretch

"All right, is it cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long but we got to fill up on water, we can boil it later" T-dog asked 

"Knock yourselves out" Rick responded, going to talk to Hershel, I watched Y/n walk off with T-dog, giggling and laughing, they seemed to be having fun. Not that I noticed or anything. Yes I did notice, and? It's nice, people being friends and laughing in hard times like this.

"Hey, while the others wash their panties, let's go hunt" I asked rick, hoping it would take my mind off the fight I had with Y/n, it was really bugging me. Also so I could get away from her and T-dog, laughing about something Glenn had told the group.