|~Arson~| (28)

Okay that was officially my last TWD meme, so at the top instead I'm going to be using TLOU memes because it's still apocalypse, just not TWD. Sorry in advance

Also this chapter will be memories

Y/n Y/l/n

"Please" I begged "Oh come on, if I ever get lost, I'll die" I tried to reason with him "Look, Shane wants me out of the group, I need this to survive" I pleaded once more, I seemed to be wearing the gruff man down.

I could have asked Glenn to help me, or maybe even Dale to teach me, but, Daryl seemed to know what he was doing.

"Fine" He let out a heavy sigh as I gave him a big smile "Grab those" He pointed to some sticks on the floor "I'll grab the leaves, meet me at the edge of the forest" After he finished speaking, he lumbered off.

I collected the sticks, not wanting to leave any behind, I slowly made my way to the edge of the forest picking up a few sticks on the way.

"Right, arrange them in like a mount kina position, around the leaves" He said pointing to the mound of leaves he put down, nodding, I started stacking the sticks around "Now, if you want to be discreet about the fire, but you don't want it to spread, you build a rock wall around it, high enough to hide the top flame" He started building a small wall as an example.

"Okay but what if I want no one to know I was there? I asked.

"Well, what you'd do is grab extra leaves to cover it once it's finished, no rock wall, but you build it in a heavily wooded area, not easy to spot the flames" He explained, I nodded along "That's what you'd want to use if you were on the move, while the other one is more of a camp one" 

"Got it, now how do I light one?" I asked "Like, if I didn't have my lighter" I expanded the question.

"Well, you want some sort of accelerant if you can find it, otherwise, it's gonna be a bitch to light" He told me, I nodded

"What could you use as accelerant?" I asked

"Well, alcohol is popular, gasoline is an obvious one, so all you do is grab the lighter because even with no fuel it'll still spark" He explained before digging in his back pocket, he pulled out a small bottle of Vodka "Lighter?" He asked me, I pulled out the zippo I stole from my dad at 16. 

He then proceeded to tip the liquid over the pile of sticks before nodding for me to go, I held the lighter near the liquid and it started to spark, after a couple of tries, the fire lit.

"Hah! I did it" I smiled happily. 

~

Daryl had now taught me how to light fire's whether I had lighter fluid, accelerant or none, and how to hide them or make them unseeable.

We had decided that since we disappeared for an hour, to see if we could bring anything back, we had walked off into  the swamp area. We hadn't yet been in this direction.

We had been walking in comfortable silence for around half an hour now.

"You were married before this?" He broke it, a hint of curiosity in his voice "I mean, just wonderin'" 

"Yeah, I was, Ryan, he was a lawyer, wasn't the nicest marriage" I shrugged it off "You?" 

"Nope, couple of short relationships, no longer than a month or two, Merle always drove 'em away, and people in our town didn't exactly like us" He explained, I think this was the most I ever heard him talk at once.