|~Baby bump~| (15)

I want to say thank you, because I woke up with 1k reads! Wow guys, sorry this updates been slow, stuff has been hectic!

Daryl Dixon

"Y/n!" Rick shouted at her "You said your dad was a doctor, come help" She gave a small whimper, I looked over to her, her face had paled.

She slowly edged forward, her hand separated from mine as she went to help Hershel.

She examined his leg and the bleeding whilst ripping of the hem of her shirt, tying it tightly just above the cut, the walkers kept piling on the door pushing it, me and T-dog holding our full weight against the door.

"Pass me that" She said motioning to Rick's hatchet, he stared confused. "Unless you want to cut his leg off, pass me the fucking hatchet" She was annoyed know, I could tell she really didn't want to do it.

Rick obeyed, passing her the weapon. She took a deep breath raising the weapon, bringing it down on the man's leg, he screamed in pain.

Another hit, another scream.

Another hit, the leg detached and Hershel passed out, Y/n looked horrified at what she'd been forced to do.

She took of her jacket and using it to stop some bleeding, T-dog slid the crowbar through the door, both of us coming forward as we noticed something move in the kitchen area of the cafeteria, stopping on my tracks, I turned to look at it.

Five heads were glaring at us through a wire fence sorta thing, I raised the crossbow as Y/n started telling Maggie what to do.

"Come out, real slow" I told them, they obliged with their hands up.

"What's happening" One with long hair asked "What's wrong with him?"

"He got bit" I kept my aim pointed on him as he went for his gun, T-dog rose his getting ready for a fight 

"You have medical supplies?" Glenn said, not waiting for an answer as he barged past 

"Where do you think you're going?" Another asked, this one was really tall.

They were all convicts.

"Who the hell are you people?" Another asked 

"Sure don't look look no rescue team" Another pointed out.

"If you're waiting for a rescue team, you're kidding yourselves" Rick said.

A loud crash came from the back as Glenn wheeled a table out front.

He brought it to Y/n and the others, Glenn and Rick both grabbing an arm of Hershel's, lifting him to lay on the table.

Maggie grabbed the stuff, holding Y/n's jacket.

"T-dog the door!" Rick yelled 

"You crazy! Don't open that!" and Inmate yelled, T-dog did it anyway, stepping back from the door as it slowly opened.

I looked back to Y/n she hadn't moved from that spot on the floor.

Y/n/ Y/l/n

Did I just? It was horrifying, there was so much blood, did I do it right? What if he died?

Why did Rick make me do that?

~

Daryl Dixon 

We had made it back to the cell block, T-dog was guarding the cell as the Inmates had tried to follow us.

Y/n seemed horrified at what she had done, after checking she was okay, I went back out to help guard.

Lori Grimes

I went into Y/n's cell to find her upset, I sat down next to her pulling her into a hug.

"Rick told me what you did" I tried to comfort her, she shook her head.

"I cut off a man's leg" She sobbed, Rick told me she didn't want to do it, but she did it anyway, she was brave.

"Honey, you saved his life, and you saved my baby's, if Hershel didn't make it, neither would they" I rubbed her shoulder in a comforting manor.

She looked up at me her e/c eyes teary but hopeful, she gave me a weak smile.

"You're going to be a good mum, you always know how to make people feel better" She smiled at me, I didn't know much about Y/n, all I knew is she went through some similar stuff to Carol

Her husband wasn't the nicest, and the fact she had to kill him? Jeez this girls been through it all.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something" I said, remembering a detail from when we first ran into her, she nodded "Rick said you were wearing a long dress when they found you, why?" 

She sat up, thinking for a minute.

"The group I came from... they... they thought they could rebuilt society, put it back to the way it was meant to be, the men would go out and scavenge, while they dressed us up in frilly princess dresses and made us do all the washing, cleaning, cooking" I just stared at her.

"They had these ideas, of how they'd 'fix the world'" She put air quotations around the last bit "They didn't know shit" She had angry tears now, I felt bad for opening that wound.

"Sorry, I'm saying bad stuff in front of the baby" She apologised, but I just stared at her confused 

"What do you mean?" 

"The theory, that after 24 weeks, the baby can hear everything that's going on it's a start to learn voices." She explained, I just stared at her starstruck.

"How do you know this?" She paused for a moment.

"Glenn's mum was an obstetrician, I stayed there more often than my own home" She explained, moving off the bed, sitting on the floor "Do you mind?" She asked.

"Go ahead" I layed down, grabbing a magazine as she began to talk.

"Hiya little one, I'm gonna be your Aunty Y/n, and together we can wind up Daryl, and we can play with your brother Carl, and there's a really old man with a beard that looks like santa claus called Hershel, and your daddy is a sheriff, we call him Officer friendly" She started, I was half listening, finding it interesting she was so excited by the baby.

"And, then we have Glenn and Maggie, they're dating, so we can make 'ew' sound when they kiss, Maggie has a sister Beth, and she can help with all of this, we have Carol, she's like a mum to me, we have T-dog, Aunty Y/n has a small crush on them" My eyes opened as I tired to make it like I wasn't listening, she seemed so involved in this, like she forgot I was there. Like she had done this before.

"So many people love you, and you aren't even born yet, and I think, if your mummy lets me, I might steal you for a bit, show you the world, even though it's shit with the dead crawling around, there's a beautiful view from one of the guard towers at sunset. 

I smiled at all the promises she was making, how many people loved this baby even though it wasn't even born, I regretted the moments when I tried to get rid of it, more than anything at this moment.

A couple minutes passed of no talking and I started to hear light snores, I looked forward to see Y/n sleeping, not wanting to wake her, as quietly as I could, I removed myself from her room, going to get Glenn to help me mover her to the bed.

I thought I'd give you a nice heartwarming scene before next chapter, because if you haven't guessed it...

It's gonna be that scene, for those who have watched the show, you know what happens..... the alarm comes a ringing >:)