|~Jealous? No~| (12)

I just want to say thank you for 500 reads, I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this, again I shouted them out before but Horizon513 convinced me to write this, thank them, and I really do suggest reading their book.

Daryl Dixon

Yesterday we had cleared the yard, Y/n was still pissed at me, she didn't sleep either, just patrolled the walls, making sure there was no breeches, we had already checked a billion times. Today we were going to clear the main cell block hopefully, so we wouldn't have to sleep on the ground again, not like I'm sleeping in a fucking cell anyway.

We stood at the gate ready, Rick threw the gate open, me, T-dog and of course Y/n went in first, T-dog with a crowbar, me with a hunting knife and Y/n with her axe.

Her and T-dog were getting on annoyingly well, he ended up patrolling with her, giggling and shit, I'm not jealous, but she ain't talked to me since I snapped at her, she wouldn't even let me fucking apologize. Not jealous, just annoyed.

Glenn, Rick and Maggie followed, T-dog killing a walker as we formed a circle, Y/n putting Maggie and Glenn between us, standing next to T-dog who was next to Rick. Hershel closed the gate after us, only separating from the circle to stab at the growling creatures, nothing could come at us from behind.

"Fuck" Y/n cursed as her axe fell with a walker, not having the time to pull it out the skull, she pulled out the hunting knife from the belt on her hips. My knife. The one carol returned to her after the farm and I told her to keep, the one that she had used to carve the words 'Daryl is a big softie xox' into a tree causing me to chase her while she giggled.

Flashback

Y/n was laughing to herself, carving something into a tree, we had been on the road a month at this point and she was trying to find light in a dark room.

I was sat on the other side of it, skinning a squirrel I had shot "What you giggling at?" I asked her. Her laughing stopped 

"Nothing" She said sounding innocent, knowing she had done something stupid, I stood up walking behind her to see what she was doing.

She was carving something into the tree, she had written something with a massive heart around it 'Daryl is a big softie xox' was etched into the wood, I turned around and glared at her 

"Run" I said in a low voice but she got the message as she turned quickly and sprinted, I followed in pursuit, she was belly laughing like a crazy person as I chased her though the woods.

She was having fun laughing while shouting "I'm sorry please don't kill me" It was fun, weaving through trees, I was right behind her, reaching my hand I pushed her forward. A smile tugging at my lips.

She tripped and I fell with her, I held my hand on either side of her head, propping myself up, being sure not to crush her, she was still laughing, hair covering her face. 

"You, my dear, are clumsy" I said to her, she was about to say something but a couple of growls had cut through the tension like a knife, as we hurried up to face the approaching danger.

I was kind of annoyed, she was about to say something snarky, I could tell by the redness of her cheeks.

End of flashback 

We kept formation, killing walkers as we did, being sure to keep in the 'safety circle' of sorts 

"There's too many" Glenn yelled as the walkers seemed to be doubling, we killed one, two more appeared.

Everyone else was on the other side of the fence banging and making as much noise as possible to draw the dead away from us. it was kind of working, but they were more focused on the live bait.

"Come on" They were yelling 

"Over here!" They rattled the fences 

We made our way deeper into the prison, murdering the dead as we did, still keeping the formation, it was working well so far.

"Don't break left!" Rick yelled as T-dog separated, he was heading towards a riot shield 

"We need that!" He grabbed it joining back in the circle, true, it would make the walker killing easier.

"Almost there" Rick spoke as we approached the destination faster, Rick pushed open a rusted red door, checking inside it quickly before deciding it was clear, I went round the corner slightly seeing around, 40? maybe 30  walkers in a fenced off area, only problem was, the gate was open, they seemed to be staying inside though, not having noticed the ruckus that we were causing just outside 

"Get back" I held my arm out stopping a curious Y/n, she glared at me before complying, everyone else pushing against that small area of wall with the door.

Rick looked forward and so did I noticing two guards dressed in riot uniform, walking from behind a dumpster, noticing us they started wobbling this way.

Two more appeared out of no where and turned to face us growling, firing my cross bow, the arrow just bounced right off the protective visor, the un-dead human still gargling, stumbling forward. 

Rick and T-dog went forward, Y/n let out a small gasp as a walker came out of the red door, a gas mask of sorts glued to it's face, it seemed to catch her by surprise as it took her a minute to attack, she went to stab it in the face, the knife sliding to the side, falling out of her hand as soon as it hit the plastic of the mask.

I was stuck, T-dog and Rick needed help, but so did Y/n, Maggie and Glenn were preoccupied with walkers.

She pushed the walker back, before looking around frantically for the knife.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled at me, fuck, I looked back to Y/n to see her trying to fist fight the walker 

"You get her, I've got it" Glenn ran past helping Rick, I nodded, grabbing the back of the walker, I pulled it away from Y/n slamming it against a wall 

"Chuck it" I pointed to the knife, she scrambled grabbing the knife, passing it to me, I drove it into the walkers skull just past the mask.

"We're good" Rick yelled running to help us with the rest of the masked, unfairly protected walkers, we ended up killing them by pulling the masks back and stabbing from there.

"Thanks" Y/n took a deep breath, this had been the first time she had spoken to me since I yelled at her, progress? I think so. 

"Y/n, you okay?" And then T-dog had to appear "You hurt?" Scoffing I walked off, checking the dead around us making sure they were all actually... well dead dead. Ignoring the conversation happening to my left

I looked back to see her and T-dog hugging, I felt weird. I wasn't Jealous, no fuck that, I'm not falling for some girl's whose ass I saved. Emotions make you weak, Merle said that, and I don't need some girl hanging off my arm, slowing me down.

You know what, fuck it, she's gonna be a petty bitch and not let me apologize, then I ain't gonna, she can come crawling back to me, fuck her. 

She can go make lovey eyes with anyone she fucking wants, she can make out with a walker for all I care. 

Why am I getting worked up? 

This is why I kept to myself back home, ain't no one worth my time, Merle's right, he's the only one who was there for me.

What, Daryl and Y/n had a lil fight, but I put in a cute moment because why not, also the little flirty-ness with T-dog, does have a purpose, I'm not doing it for the hell of it.