|~Head injuries~|(40)

OMG WE'RE ON CHAPTER 40!!!!!! ALSO THIS WILL BE A BOOK SERIES BECAUSE I'LL MOST LIKELY FINISH THIS BOOK AT CHAPTER 50, MAYBE 60 THEN START A SECOND BOOK AS I DON'T WANT THIS ONE BEING TOO LONG.

CLARIFICATION

This chapter is a continuation of 'Homicide cop' 

Daryl Dixon

We killed all the walkers at the door of the shop, dragging out the bodies with the help of Zach

"All right, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep" Sasha instructed, "After that you all know what you're supposed to look for, any questions?" Sasha asked 

I went in, Y/n following after me, she soon started a conversation with Zach, laughing with him.

Y/n Y/l/n

I was pushing a trolley along the aisles, holding a little shopping list, it felt like I was actually shopping, it was sorta fun.

I saw a box of chocolates "Mine" I hummed dropping them into the trolley, I also grabbed some KitKat's for Carl.

As I was strolling the sweets aisle, I turned the corner bumping into Michonne "Hey Mich, I grabbed some chocolates for Carl, they won't take up no extra space" I told her, Michonne nodded, smirking slightly.

"Not going to lie, I grabbed some mints" Michonne laughed slightly with me showing me a packet of polo mints.

I said goodbye to Michonne and carried on down the aisles, I ran into Glenn looking at baby photos.

"Is she?" I asked him sort of shocked, Glenn just shook his head, laughing at me.

"No, I made a run last week and grabbed a pregnancy test, we're fine" Glenn smiled at me.

"Well, with Jude, it's probably better" I shrugged "Especially after Lori" I mumbled "I got Carl some Kitkat's" I smiled, trying to lighten the mood, I nodded goodbye to Glenn, wandering around again, humming slightly.

It had been a while since I had been shopping like this, and yes the store was grimy, and old, and we didn't dare step food in the meat aisle or fruit and veggie aisle, but it was fun.

But soon my fun was ruined when a loud crash came from somewhere close, dumping my trolley, I ran around to see a shelf in the alcohol aisle had collapsed and Bob was trapped under it.

I knelt down, about to ask Bob some questions bus a presence behind me did it first.

"You alright?" Daryl came up behind me, kneeling next to me, pointing a flashlight in to look at Bob "You cut or somethin'?" 

"Nah man, but my foot is caught" Bob said, he seemed to be stuck 

"Alright, he's just caught up, help me lift this" He said to Zach, me and Tyrese who were the ones who had arrived quickest as we were nearest.

I got in position preparing to lift the shelf off Bob

"What happened?" Glenn yelled from somewhere else in the store.

"Everyone's alright!" I yelled back "We're over in Wine and Beer" I told him as we lifted the shelf.

"I was driving fast man, I drove right into the drinks" Bob explained, I nodded slightly as I'd been having a little bit of fun with the shopping trolleys as well.

"Man, you lucked out" Tyrese told him as we prepared to lift the second shelf which was the one trapping Bob "If this thing had come down on you the wrong wa-" He didn't get a chance to finish as a walker came through the ceiling.

"What the fuck" I mumbled as everyone retreated back, looking at the walker hanging from it's guts in the ceiling, Glenn, Michonne and Sasha all came around the corner to witness this gnarly event.

"Yeah, uh, we should probably go now" Glenn pointed out the obvious 

"Bob's still stuck, get him outta there" Daryl said, I nodded as I was still close to the shelf.

"We'll get the other" Michonne said as another walker fell through the ceiling.

More and more walkers fell through the ceiling, some dying on impact, some getting up and growling, going after some of us, Michonne, Glenn, Daryl and Tyrese backed up slightly.

"Hey!" Bob yelled, thinking we were abandoning him, I quickly went forward, trying to lift the shelf myself but finding it too heavy.

Daryl Dixon

I noticed Y/n run forward, trying to lift the shelf of Bob herself, but failing, I tried to go forwards to help, but more and more walkers fell, one pinned down Glenn.

It was chaos, walkers everywhere, it was unpredictable as they were falling from the ceiling.

"Hey!" Bob yelled again, I looked over Y/n was still desperately trying to lift the shelf.

"I'm sorry Bob, I can't lift it" I heard Y/n apologise as she turned to shoot a walker that was getting too close for comfort.

Suddenly, I saw the roof above her crack and a walker fell through, hitting the shelf we put up.

The shelf came toppling down, Y/n didn't see this as she was still trying to help Bob.

"Y/n! Watch out!" I yelled as the shelf came down on her, hitting her in the head, she fell down, the shelf landing on top of her.

Fuck.

Now Y/n and Bob were pinned , we had walkers falling from everywhere and we still needed to grab the stuff.

OKAY, CUTTING THIS CHAPTER A LITTLE SHORTER THAN USUAL AS I WANTED TO STOP AT THIS POINT SPECIFICALLY.