|~Butterflies in my stomach~|(10)

Okay we talk a little about Y/n's past trauma here, but more will be said in later Chapters, and yes her trauma does have something to do with the story, it's not just there for fun c:

Y/n Y/l/n

I was sat cross legged on the bonnet of a car on the highway, Daryl hadn't spoken to me, but he was annoyed, pacing in front of me, we were waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.

"Are you fucking crazy?" He finally snapped yelling at me "You coulda' been killed!" 

I just looked down, not wanting this argument to get worse.

"What, can't speak now?" He yelled again, encouraging me to say something.

"I wanted to help" I said quietly but he heard it, a scoff escaped his lips.

"You done enough damn helpin'! What tryna make your place in this group? Damn it woman, you got people that care about you, and you go out risking your damn life?" He started stepping closer.

Ryan would get like this, really angry, whenever I did something wrong he would get angry, shout, break stuff, I had gained instincts when people were angry at me, reactions that happened automatically because I knew what was happening next.

One of them clicked on in this moment. 

As the gruff man stepped closer to me me, I brought my legs to my chest and covered my head in no little than 2 seconds.

"Why you doing that?" A little less anger in his voice now, more concern, a stray tear fell down my cheek as I relaxed my legs slightly, removing my arms from above me head, I felt stupid, but it's an instinct that I can't stop.

I closed my eyes trying to blink away the rest of the tears, but then I felt arms hug around me, pulling me close, I wrapped my arms round Daryl's waist, he stroked the back of my head in an understanding way.

"My dad would hit me too" He said quietly into the hug, kissing the top of my head.

~

It had been around 10 minutes and an awkward silence had settled, but I was getting more and more worried, no one had turned up.

Suddenly the low motor of a car rolled into place,  three people got out.

Rick, Carl and Hershel, Daryl went up and greeted his friend, and I stood back worried, I didn't know where I stood with Rick, after all, Shane had said I ran off with Randal.

"Y/n!" He said happily, walking over and pulling me into a hug "Shane told me everything" He said in an apologetic voice, I was thankful he didn't hate me.

"Where's mum?" A sad voice behind Rick said, it was Carl.

Glenn Rhee

I was still crying, Y/n was one of my closest friends, Maggie pulled over and let me drive, Carol was crying in the back as well, I knew her and Y/n were close.

Pulling onto the highway, I saw her h/c hair, pulling the car to an abrupt stop, I flung the door open, running towards her.

I pulled her into a massive bone crushing hug "You're alive" I exclaimed happily, more tears flooding down my cheeks now.

I saw Maggie running as well, but she was running towards Hershel.

"You're killing me" Y/n laughed, but I didn't let go. after a couple minutes, I separated from the hug to talk to Y/n, only for her to be engulfed in another hug, this one from Carol.

She had teary eyes and a smile as she hugged Carol back, even Daryl had a small smile on his face.

Y/n's smile was on I hadn't seen in a while, she never showed it with her husband.

Daryl Dixon 

Carol was weeping into Y/n's shoulder, I felt myself smiling.

I looked down at the floor, but not before seeing a shit tonne of blood on Y/n's ankle, and unlike the blood that covered her body, this was fresh and a vibrant red, and looked to still be flowing. 

There's only one wound I know that still bleeds a while after its happened, and that's a bite.

Carol separated from the hug and I took my chance.

"Y/n, while everyone else arrives, can you help me?" I asked, I knew she would agree seeing as she thought I was talking about the stash of supplies under the car.

I guided her through cars my hand on the small of her back "I moved the stuff while you were out, moved it to a better spot" I lied, she nodded, a slight blush across her cheeks at the placement of my hand.

I opened a car door "It's under the seat on the far side, mind grabbing it?" I asked, she nodded giving me a smile. 

She climbed into the car and I took my chance, grabbing the uninjured ankle, I yanked it and flipped her before pinning her down, she didn't have time to react, her face now redder than the sun.

"What the fuck Daryl!" She almost shouted annoyed, but she dropped it, smirking "If you wanted to kiss me, you coulda' asked" She joked around. I think? 

"Let me check your ankle" Her face paled, and my heart dropped, it was a bite, she wouldn't have paled if it wasn't.

"No, I'm fine, get off me this isn't funny" I saw panic and fear in her eyes, the blush from her face now completely gone.

"Are you bit?" I asked.

"No" 

"I don't believe you, so you going to let me check" I thought I may as well ask first, because one way or another, I'm checking 

"No" She said rather quickly.

"Okay then, I'm sorry" I lied, I wasn't sorry, I was checking if she was hurt. "let's go back to the group"

I don't know why I cared but, I didn't mind her company, she was my favorite person in the group. 

I got off her, noticing her breathing slowed down as soon as I did, she also got out of the car, we started walking back, but not giving up, I put my hands on her waist and dragged backwards, gently pushing the back of her knees so she was sat on the backs of her legs.

I held her arms behind her back, being careful not to hurt her, I ducked down to her ear, whispering.

I didn't mean to sound seductive, but it came out that way.

Y/n Y/l/n

Daryl had my arms behind my back, my stomach was fluttering.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way freckles" He whispered in my ear, my breathing was speeding up.

Okay, don't get me wrong, Daryl was fucking hot, like if I met him in a club? Fuck yes. But right now was not the time to be fantasizing how this could end up in my head, but, damn it ended well, if you know what I mean.

My breath faltered as he whispered again "I wont wait forever for my answer" 

I let out a shaky breath before speaking "Fine" And with that he released my arms, I got into a sitting position, and rolled up my trouser leg.

"What the fuck" He said looking at the circular wound seeping out blood, it was hurting like a bitch.

The wound made me feel like shit, it was weird, and it was embarrassing, how could I let this happen.

Daryl just stared at the wound, it was a ... 

Sorry not sorry <3  (Please don't kill me)

Yeah urm, another chapter tomorrow c:

Also to make up for not telling you if Y/n was bit or not I added some romantic progress, maybe they'll fuck before she dies? If she dies? She probably will if she's bit, and just think about what happened to Jim. That would destroy Daryl, especially looking at the clear tension between them.