𝟓𝟑. polaroid memories

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-three : polaroid memories
{ season four - episode two }

chapter fifty-three : polaroid memories{ season four - episode two }

WALKING BACK TO the cell her and Glenn shared, an abnormal large pit formed in her stomach as Kloe walked past Beth's cell - the girlfriend of Zach. Sorrow laced through her veins as she continued walking.

She stopped in front of the cell that Glenn was already in. He was laying on their bed, his hands behind his head as he stared up at the plain ceiling. Recognizing the figure he saw in the corner of his eye, he turned his head to the side.

She took a brief deep breath, her hand wrapping around the object that sat in her back pocket. She pulled it out, causing Glenn to sit up instantly. She set the pregnancy test down on the table in front of her.

"Negative," she said, grinning over her shoulder at her husband. "Both are negative." She hauled out the other test that she had from the pack, setting it down beside the other.

"Oh, thank God," Glenn murmured, holding onto each side of his wife's waist. He ducked his head down, sighing with relief. After what happened to the late wife of Rick Grimes six months prior, Glenn couldn't take the risk. He couldn't let anything happen to Kloe.

"Would it make me selfish if I said I'm glad that it's negative?" Kloe asked as Glenn's hands slid into hers. He lifted his head, watching her as she looked down at him.

He shook his head, "Then I guess we're both selfish. After everything... After Lori." Kloe dug her teeth into her bottom lip and nodded.

A grin returned to her lips, "I think I should stop stealing Zayn and Brianna's breakfasts all the time. It's really kicking me in the ass." Glenn snorted, swinging Kloe's hands side-to-side.

...

Glenn watched the walkers that pushed their bodies against the chain-link fence from the guard tower. He and Kloe decided to sleep away from the others the night before, and slept in the one guard tower that wasn't just ash from when the Governor had struck half a year before.

The group of walkers beyond the fence grew every single day. They just continued to increase without stopping - no matter how many workers they would put out there to kill them through the fence, it did nothing.

He averted his gaze away from the dead to his wife, who still laid asleep under her sleeping bag that covered the lower half of her body. Incapable to hold it back, a warm smile snuck its way onto his lips.

A thought suddenly came to his mind, his vision dropping down to the shoulder bag he brought up with him. He wrapped his hands around one of the first items he had put in - the polaroid camera.

He switched it on, a large smile plastering on his face as he carefully maneuvered his body over to sit beside his sleeping wife. He noiselessly shifted, getting into the right position.