F I V E

Cuddled up in the soft pillows and blankets of his couch, I watched Lewis choose a movie. Since I placed my full trust in him, he was allowed to choose something we watch and in the end he decided to watch the first part of Spiderman. Although I, and I was sure Lewis also had seen the movie with Tom Holland several times, I was happy to watch it again.

However, it was difficult to follow the events for a long time, because after only twenty minutes I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and finally closed.

Suddenly I woke up again. I rubbed my eyes, it took me a while to realise that I was no longer on the couch. The room I was lying in was dark, but I still immediately recognised it as Lewis' bedroom. This bed, these curtains, the smell. Everything was like in the night I lost the bet. Like arrows, the memorys shot past me in front of my mind's eye.

I have often wondered if there really was a certain point in my life from which it went downhill, or if there were several. If the last should be the case, then this night was definitely one of these points. If I hadn't lost this shitty bet, I would have been spared so much pain. But of course I had to fall in love with Lewis and forget everything I shouldn't have forgotten...

In order not to deal with things that I can't change anyway, I devoted myself to this room here again. It was still dark when I groped for my phone, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Sighing, I sighled back the blanket and then climbed out of the bed.

Pure blackness in front of me as I sneaked along the hallway. Only in the living room, it became a little brighter due to the insulated moonlight from outside. The dim rays fell directly onto the couch, where I suspected my phone, it must have stayed here earlier... And they fell on Lewis, who lay on the sofa and slept peacefully. With quiet steps I approached the Briton a little, and as if I had forgotten what I actually wanted here, I lost myself at the sight of him sleeping. He looked so kind when he was asleep. His eyelids fluttered slightly, the dark ink on his skin seemed so much more mysterious, if you could only guess the motives and I wondered what he was dreaming of? Somehow I hoped that I would play a role in his dreams. Damn Liv, stop! My inner voice smolled and I immediately twitched. It was right. I couldn't think that way, it's bad enough that I ended up here again at all...

In the end, I tore myself together, fished my phone out of the sofa moulding and then went towards the entrance area.

At least that was the plan. A painful hissing slipped out of my mouth when I hit something with my hip. „Oh fuck you!" I cursed quietly and held the painful spot of my hip bond with my hand. „On your feet so early?" A sleepy voice rumor behind me, the result was an ice-cold shiver that ran down my back. „Uhm..." I stammered awkwardly when I turned around. Lewis stood in the open door frame and rubbed his eyes, then his gaze fell on me.

He once looked at me from the top to bottom, which made me kind of nervous. „Seems like it become a habit that you leave here at night without saying anything, don't you think, darling?" My stomach felt weird when he looked at me like that. His eyes sparkled and I didn't know what to say. „I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry..." I said and tried to overplay my nervousness. I just hoped he wasn't angry with me.

He made a weak laugh and leaned with his arm against the wall. „Everything's fine..." Lewis smiled. „How about you postpone the thing with sneaking out of here until later? It's half past three and I don't want to let you go at that time... Besides, yesterday I've cooked lunch, there is still something left, if you want?!" I put my head crooked and had to refrain from laughing. „Didn't you just say that it's half past three..." I really wondered how he could think about food now... „I know, but I'm hungry..." With these words he turned to go and then disappeared into the kitchen. I shook my head briefly and then followed him.

When I squatted at the counter, he had already scrammed two plates and cutlery out of the bowls and just loaded both plates with food. „Vegan Pasta de la Lewis..." The Briton grinned and pushed a plate over my counter. I looked at the food, which seemed really delicious. Vegan noodles with a seemingly equally vegan sauce. „Um, thank you, I guess..." I laughed unsettled because I wasn't really hungry. „I know you didn't ask for it, but it's worth it, I promise." He smiled and then pushed the fork into his mouth. I did the same and in fact it tasted really good... Better than expected.

I really didn't know what was stranger. Was it that I ate pasta with Lewis at half past three, or that I was here at all. Until a few hours ago, I thought that the pain in my chest would never get better, and now it actually feels like the wound Lewis caused could heal. Despite this, I know that it will never be as it was before. Before he humiliated me and broke my heart. These memories hurt. Even now that I knew he didn't mean it that way, it hurt. But it will probably be forever...

As if Lewis had read my thoughts, he suddenly started talking. „Listen, Liv..." He pushed his empty plate aside and cleared his throat. „I am still infinitely sorry for what I said to you. But I just want you to know that I'm really happy about this. I really didn't think we would ever spend time together again without yelling at each other..." An uncertain smile played around his lips and I got very warm. Any apology from Lewis' mouth sounds like caramel to my ears... „I wouldn't have thought so either..." I answered truthfully. „But I'm also happy about what it's like now, Lewis..." I also smiled, even if the thought of what happened was unpleasant.

„Okay!" He suddenly broke out and I was slightly frightened. „Do you trust me?" What a question... „Um, no, of course not..." I laughed lightly and it wasn't even a lie. I really didn't trust him. Not anymore... „Well, then close your eyes and open your mouth." My forehead struck wrinkles and I looked at him questioningly. „Uhm, Lewis? You don't really think that I'm gonna do this now, do you?" I laughed again, whatever he's up to, without me! „No, I don't think so..." He said and sounded pretty determined. A little bit too determine for my taste.

Slowly he walked around the counter, in his right hand he kept something hidden, because he kept it behind his back. „I know you do it..." He continued, a slight tingling trickled over my skin. Somehow I liked the dominance he possessed. „I swear to you, if you do something...." He shook his head and assured me that I would not regret it. Reluctantly I closed my eyes, opened my mouth and fervently hoped for Lewis that he was not planning anything bad...

When I felt something dropping on my tongue, I had to giggle. The taste of a raspberry spread in my mouth. „I said you won't regret it..." Lewis grinned complacently before he throws a second raspberry into the air and then caught it with his mouth. I could only shake my head on it. What an idiot...