T W E N T Y N I N E

I haven't had as much fun in life for a long time as I did that evening. It was so incredibly nice to celebrate with the others. We drank alcohol, danced and laughed. Everything was so perfect that I forgot for a moment that actually nothing was good. I no longer thought about Lewis, what he said and his face, which always appears in front of me when I close my eyes. I no longer thought of my father, whose voice burned in my ears and kept saying that I should do this operation and not throw away this opportunity. I forgot all the pain, for a few moments my heart felt completely. As if it hadn't broken into millions of pieces, as if no one ever touched it.

Probably that was due to alcohol, but I didn't care so much. All that mattered was the result. I couldn't deny that I was just trying to drink away my problems. But I think they were just too big for me to cope with them alone. The pain was too deep, just as the wound, so the healing of time was not enough. Time could probably never heal what Lewis destroyed...

„Wow, that's really exhausting..." Sighing, I settled down next to Daniel on the bench. He did not answer and barely moved. „Everything okay?" I shook the Australian, who hung more dead than alive in the literal curve. His green Joker wig was a bit slipped and somehow no longer as well groomed as it once looked. For dancing like an disturbed kangaroo earlier, I was honestly surprised that he was still wearing it at all...

„Hey, Daniel..." I shook him again, more than moaning didn't come out of his mouth, but at least something...

For a short moment I stayed with the comatose young man until Max and Lando came by, whom I then hired to take care of their friend. In retrospect, this might not be the best idea, as the two were also far from being sober, but I really had to go to the toilet urgently and for that I had to accept it.

When I came back, I instantly regretted being gone at all. „What the hell..." I caught Lando painting his friend a new face and Max being away. „What the fuck are you doing?" The McLaren driver shied away, like a child he tried to hide the pencil behind his back. „Give it to me!" I stretched out my hand, Lando stubbornly shook his head. I cleared my throat and looked at my opposite expectantly, nothing happened. „Oh, you will-" Our heads alike frightened towards the toilets, where a group of people gathered.

„Fuck, Max..." Was all Lando said before he disappeared between the many people. I didn't even understand what was going on, but I couldn't stop myself from go looking. My curiosity prevailed, which is why I left Daniel alone and followed his teammate instead.

„Lando?!" I tried to push myself forward through the people, only managed to regret it again.
Two people came into my field of vision. At first I couldn't see who they were, but then I saw Max and... Lewis?!

It took me a few seconds to actually realise that it was Lewis who jumped on Max. Scenes from this BB party took place in my head. Again, no one helped, everyone just stood around it and watched. I had to go in between, I knew that, but I couldn't. The trance held me tight, it stunned my senses and abilities to move. I couldn't do anything but watch Lewis turn more and more into the monstrous costume what he actually wore.

„You little bastard!" I heard the Briton call and didn't recognise him. He completely went crazy, what the fuck has happened?! Soon I couldn't tell if the red spots on his T-shirt were real blood or artificial blood. I couldn't distinguish anything at all, and before I knew it, Lewis was the one who was under Max.

He hit him. Once, two times, three times. And then the two turned over again. Before I realised anything, three guys jumped into the circle and pulled the two apart. „I'll destroy your shitty life you little pussy!" Lewis shouted and almost attacked Max again if he hadn't been detained by two men. I heard Max answered something, but I didn't understand what he said.
At that moment I only saw red and I felt the blood in my veins began to boil...