F O R T Y N I N E

I shrugged slightly when I suddenly felt a hand in my neck. She was freezing cold, but I recognised her immediately. My head twitched to the right, where I heard a figure equal to that of Lewis. „Hey, honey." He greeted me and even before I could return this, he leaned down to me and pressed a kiss on my mouth. „Um, hey..." I said a little confused, why didn't I know myself.

„Would you like to sit down with us?" I moved aside, Lewis shook his head. „We're leaving now." He meant monotonous, which caused a cold shiver ran down my spine. Why was he suddenly so cold, everything was okay earlier?

„Uhm, okay... See you guys!" I said goodbye to the three who only looked at us perplexedly. But Lewis didn't seem to care at all, because he was probably into getting out of here as soon as possible. So fast that I didn't have time at all to ask what was going on.
Only later, when we ran outside, did he slow down a little and I could say something.

„What was that supposed to be?" I wanted to know from the Briton, he didn't answer. „Lewis?!" He unlocked the car and then ran around it. „Get in." Lewis opened the door for me, but I didn't go after it. „Is it because of the boys?" I threw a questioning look at him, I was pretty sure it was because of it. „Come on, that's ridiculous... You know very well that you don't have to worry." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, but Lewis didn't answer me, which I didn't care about because I didn't feel like quarrelling.

So finally I got in, Lewis closed the door for me and not too carefully... „Idiot..." I really didn't understand why he was so mad again, until just now everything was okay..? Well, that's just how he is, I guess...

We drove out of the parking lot, he didn't say a word to me, and I did the same to him. But the silence was unbearable, it dragged on my nerves and the longer we sat meaningless, the worse it got. My fingers began to tingle, I wanted to say something, just don't be silent. Everything was better than that.

„Can you please stop it?" I finally broke the silence. „With what?" Oh God, he really wanted to annoy me now... I rolled my eyes and let them then wander outside. A strange feeling spread within me. Everything was covered with snow, the trees, the ground, just everything. Nature seemed so calm to me as if time had stood still. And then there were us, nothing was quiet with us. I felt the tension between us crack, how we both had it difficulty not saying anything wrong.

„For example, ignoring me and pretending that I made a mistake, because I didn't..." I looked back at Lewis. „Oh yes. Is that so..." He said half-loud, I saw his fingers grabbed the steering wheel tighter. At first I thought I had interrogated myself, but then I realised that he said exactly that. And he meant that completely seriously.

„Okay, wait..." My words broke out as a humourless laugh. He really thought that it was my mistake, my damn mistake... „I-" I pointed to myself. „I should have made a mistake?" It was really hard to believe that he was actually serious. Secretly, I hoped that he would dissolve the joke right away, but that was not the case.

„Yes. Did you talk to them or me?" His look twitched at me, it was cold, ice cold and I shuddered. Then no one said anything, silence broke over us. He couldn't just say that? He could hardly blame me for something that was obviously not my fault...?

„Let me out of here." I finally broke out, this won't turn out well, it was in my feeling. „And then?" Lewis laughed. „Do you want to walk home or what?" I noddled. „Yes, I don't feel like fight with you!" I was so infinitely annoyed. Annoyed by Lewis and annoyed by this discussion, which is the same over and over again. „Stop!"

He stopped the car and lifted the lock. „There you go. I hope you calmed down until you get home!" I gave Lewis another bad look, I would have liked yelled at him now, thrown some counterattack on his head, but I couldn't. I just had to get out of here, no matter how...