F O U R T E E N

Dinner flew by and then it didn't take long for me to be back in my room.

After my hygiene routine, which was admittedly quite meagre today, it was only a few moments until I fell into bed. Rarely have I been as incredibly tired and powerless as I was today. I just wanted to sleep, but not alone.

More asleep than awake, I typed a message to Lewis that I missed him and would like to have him with me before I put my phone aside and drifted more and more towards the dreamland.

I only vaguely noticed how someone came into my room, how the mattress descended next to me and finally how two arms pulled me towards a warm body. The smell revealed him, immediately I relaxed, because I knew I was no longer alone...

I woke up by an ringing alarm clock. What the - I thought and tried to move, but it didn't work. When I realised that it were Lewis' arms that wrapped around my body, I couldn't help but smile. He looked so incredibly good when he was asleep... So peaceful and nice.

I would have liked to enjoyed this sight a little longer, but the incessant beeping of his mobile phone was just too much for me so I had to turn it off.

Carefully I tried to push his arm aside so that I could reach over him, unsuccessfully. Grumbled, he pulled me even closer to him. „What are you doing?" He murmured, his sleepy voice gives me goosebumps every day. „Your alarm clock." I whispered, only then did he seem to understand what the annoying noise was in the background.

Suddenly he let go of me, seemed to be much more alert and reached for his phone. I thanked God that this noise was finally gone! „Everything okay?" I asked at some point and leaned on my elbow. The Briton nodded and put his phone away. „I still have time until the driver briefing begins..." With these words he pulled me back to himself, I immediately became much warmer.

Moments like these are the most beautiful. They heal the huge cracks in my heart, which is somehow ironic. How can someone who has broken your heart, no, blown up into a thousand pieces, heal it again. That doesn't make any sense, doesn't it? No, it really didn't, but it didn't matter as long as it worked... I didn't want to think back about what once was. I didn't want to be reminded back to the day he humiliated me to the ground. I just wanted to lie here with him and look to the future. But even that wasn't so easy when my time ran out in an hourglass...

The view into the unknown was painful, it tore my heart again... It is best not to see more than the moment. I shouldn't care what happened yesterday and what's coming tomorrow. But was it that simple? Was it really that fucking simple? Could I just not look forwards and backwards anymore. Probably not, but I should try it before the last time I have is also damaged.

While Lewis was at the driver briefing, I got ready a little more slower.

Not really knowing what to wear today, I stood in front of my suitcase. After thinking about it for a long time, I decided on a slightly loose jeans and a Mercedes hoodie, which I got from Lewis a few weeks ago. Last but not least, I put on my shoes and a white cap, which also got the three-pointed star at the front.

The weather was cloudy, rather cold and rainy. Dark clouds were already brewing over me which made it look like a wet, first free practice. There were already some people in the garage who were preparing for the first two training sessions today.

I let myself sink into a chair next to my father, thanking the one who invented these things. „Everything right?" He asked and looked at me examiningly. I just nodded, my eyes tracked the events on his screen. I didn't really understand anything about it, but I wasn't really interested in it either. For me, all this somehow looked like highly complex mathematics and that was really not my specialty.