T W E N T Y T W O

After fifteen minutes and a few more photos, we arrived at the said store. The Louis Vuitton's golden writing shone over the entrance, the doors opened automatically when we entered. We passed the two security men who smiled at us kindly.

„Hello!" A lady greeted us. „Can I help you in any way?" Her dark curls just reached over her shoulders, a narrow smile adorned her red lips. „Yes. I would like to buy a bag." I answered. „It should be small and have a long handle. Best like this one." I pointed to a small handbag that was in the shop window. It had this typical brown colour, the LV logo was slightly lighter and pictured everywhere. The Golden handle already catch my eyes when we passed by, together with the Bordeaux red details, the overall picture was complete.
I was sure it should be this one.

The nice woman showed me the bag a little more precisely. I really liked it. The inside was red, just like the front part of the bag itself, and the golden buckle to close was engraved with the Louis Vuitton logo. „What do you say?" I looked at Lewis. Not that I was interested in his opinion on this, because I could wear what I wanted, but I also knew that he had an eye for fashion... „So if you ask me, I think it's very beautiful. You should take it." He answered, I nodded. Actually more for myself, for final confirmation I think. You could probably laugh at me for it, but I'm always very picky about bags. It is important to me that it is the right one, but this one is it definitely. As they say, it was love at first sight...

We had only left the store, then we stopped again. My eyes were focussed on the shop window of Swarovski. Especially a necklace has got me, it was made of silver. The heart-shaped pendant was set with many small stones, which looked like glittering stars under the right light. „Look how beautiful..." I pointed to the said chain, at the same moment my phone began to vibrate in my coat pocket. I fished the buzzing thing out of my jacket, only to realise that it was my father who tried to reach me for the third time. I rolled my eyes. „I have to answer this..." I said to Lewis and wiped the green receiver to the right.

„Yes, Dad?" I sighed annoyed, this was really not the time to talk on the phone right now. „Liv, my darling, I've tried to call you a thousand times... There is great news!" My dad sounded more euphoric than he hasn't done in a long time, which, to be honest, surprised me at first. What should be so important now...? „I got a call earlier. There is a way that you will get healed!" Suddenly the world around me stopped. His voice only reached my ear muted, I didn't understand what he said anymore. Suddenly everything got quiet. I still heard the echo of his words in my head. There is a way that you get healed. There is a way that you get healed. There is a way that you get healed... Over and over again I heard these words. They sounded so unreal, so impossible, but I knew they were there. But I was wrong with what I suspected, it was different...

„Liv? Are you still there?" I tore myself out of my shock rigidity and shook my head slightly. „Uhm yes. I'll call you back later, okay dad?" I hung up with that. I never wanted to call him back.

„Everything okay?" I looked into Lewis' worried eyes and nodded. „Yes, everything's fine. It was unimportant..." I wrestled off a smile and let my phone slide back into my coat pocket. „Are we going on?" Lewis nodded, I really didn't feel like shopping jewellery anymore...

During the rest of the time we strolled through Stuttgart, I was only half present. My one ear listened to Lewis when he spoke, the other to my father, whose voice no longer wanted to get out of my head. He said there was a doctor who could fix my heart without completely replacing it. I had no idea how, and my father certainly didn't either, but apparently it should work. In my head, all this didn't make any sense at all. For two years, everyone tells me that I will die, just like my mother and the chance to have a suitable donor heart is so small that it is hardly worth hoping for. And now suddenly there is someone who can save my life?
That was a joke. And I know I should actually be happy about it, but somehow I wasn't. Something in me said that there was a mistake, somewhere, I just hadn't found it yet...

When we were back home, I started researching for myself. And in fact, I found the doctor my dad had spoken of. He came from Germany and was among a few other things in the management for projects in the field of healing the human heart. In addition to a few facts about him and his career, which began at the University Hospital in Tübingen, I also found his latest treatment for heart patients. I read the article over and over again, but I didn't understand it. It was an operation in which the not working vessels of the heart are removed and replaced by mini-small hoses, if I understood correctly...

And there it was, the mistake. My unpleasant feeling, it was perfectly justified. The success rate is seventeen percent. In the remaining eighty-three you still die. In addition, it can lead to life-threatening complications, something could go wrong and something else could happen.

That was ridiculous... I will definitely not risk my life, which is already far too short, for a seventeen percent chance of healing...

I grabbed my phone to write to my father that I would not do this operation and then put it away again. My fingertips tingled, I was afraid that I had not made the right decision or acted too hastily. But no, it was the only tight thing I could have done...

At least that's what I hoped for...

————————————————
Hello friendsss, what do you think about that decision? Do you think that liv will maybe overthink that again or stay with this?

Let me know what you think :))

See youuu <3