T W E N T Y T H R E E

My father didn't answer me all afternoon and evening, he didn't even read the messages. He was probably in some meetings for the next race or anywhere else. Anyway, I was happy about it, because I knew that he would only discuss with me, and I really didn't feel like it anymore.

In order not to spend the rest of the evening thinking about my father I went downstairs, where Lewis was just getting a lasagna out of the oven. „Lewis Hamilton: Shopping accompaniment, chef and part-time Formula one champion..." I grinned as I sat down at the counter. The smell of the food ejected any negative thoughts out of my head for a moment. „I am so many things..." He said complacently, which I replied with a mocking „pfff. You may be able to do a lot, but can you be the best girlfriend in the world?" I raised an eyebrow, he did the same to me. „No, that's your job... But I can be the best boyfriend in the world." He putted the food in front of my nose, which still steamed.

We ate and talked, outside it was already dark. Somehow I couldn't quite get used to the fact that it's already getting dark at eight. At some point I stood alone on the edge of the pool, Lewis had decided to clean the chaos in the kitchen alone, which was perfectly okay for me.

My eyes wandered over the many lights of the city. The apparent peace seemed wrong to me when I thought back to earlier. Somehow it was bizarre that nothing has changed since I started a quarrel with my father. And yes, I certainly did, I'm sure, even if he hasn't seen my messages yet... But that's not what it was about, it was more about the storm rageing over me while I looked into the clear night sky. It just didn't fit, everything was so perfect. It was too perfect. My boyfriend stood inside and cleared the dishwasher while I stood here, in front of a huge pool, in a huge garden and looking down at the city.
But in reality, none of this was real.
My friend would only do this until he finds out that I am hiding things from him all the time, and I only stand here until fate catches up with me. It was all a lie, a huge lie. And my father also lived in this untruth. In panic he claws at some random straws simply because he can't accept what it really is.

„Babe?!" It suddenly came from inside, and when I turned around, Lewis was already on the threshold of the garden. „What did the girl actually say to you earlier?" I briefly thought about what he meant with that, how he came to it now was unclear to me anyway. But then it crossed my mind and I realised that Lewis still didn't understand German. „Oh, actually it wasn't important..." I started because I knew he really wanted to know. „And that's why you grinned like that or what?" In the meantime, Lewis had stood next to me and also looked towards the city.

„Well, she just said that you are an absolute idiot who can't even drive a car..." I had to remember the day Lewis and I crossed each other for the first time. At the wrong time in the wrong place... that would probably fit perfectly here.

The Formula One driver slipped from any facial draught, I saw that without even looking at it. „S-she said w-what?" I saw him turning to me in the corner of my eye.

„She said, that you are a idiot who is not-" He grabbed my arm and tore me to himself. My breath stalled, a wide grin crept on his lips. I stood on the abyss, and Lewis was the one who held me.

„What did she say?" He repeated his question again, probably he has expected a different answer. „Okay, stop. Please, don't let go!" I begged. „I really do everything you want, but-" I began, just to stop again at the same moment. „But...?" I saw the fun in Lewis' eyes, he clearly enjoyed it too much...

„But she's right..." My grin passed away when he let go and I found myself in the ice-cold water.

Gasping for air I dived up and brushed my hair off my face. „Cold?" Lewis bent down to the edge of the pool.

„You asshole." Was all I had to tell him. And it just fit far too well, he was really one, a pretty big one to be honest. „I'll go get two glasses and a wine bottle, then it will get warmer." He got up, and before I knew it, he had already disappeared into the house.

During this time I took off my sweatpants and my hoodie, I put both on the edge of the pool, but I myself stayed in the water. I was already wet and it can't get colder anymore...

The question of whether he was really serious about this was unnecessary when he came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. He put the things on the floor before his eyes find me. I think he liked the sight.

„Is there anything wrong?" I finally asked and bit my lower lip slightly. I always did that when he looked at me like that, because I knew that something like that drove him crazy. „Nothing but-" He swallowed. „You are so beautiful..." I smiled while my fingertips gently brushed over the blue water surface.

„Well, if you hadn't pushed me into the water, I would have been with you now and you could touch me... But of course, you could also-" I hadn't even finished speaking, so he already undressed except for the boxer shorts. It splashed loudly when Lewis jump into the water. Not comparable, but still better than Charles' reverse backflip.

I only saw Lewis shadows swaming towards me, so I already turned around, but I knew that escape was impossible. I had almost reached the edge, so he grabbed me underwater and pulled me towards him.

„Are we in such a hurry?" He turned me around and when I looked into his face, he just grinned dirty. Small wrinkles formed next to the corners of his mouth and under the eyes. I didn't try to defend myself, the sight of his wet shape was far too overwhelming for me to be able to do it at all. And the longer he looked me in the eye, very firm and deep, the more I felt my body threatened to flow there. As if it were torn away by the next water movement, like a leaf in the raging current.

„I love you, Liv." He said, his voice sounded so wonderful. „I love you, Lewis." Our faces came closer, and then was the second when our lips touched. At that moment I felt that the water was spilling through me. The movement tore me along, so as not to flow completely there, I wrapped my arms around Lewis' neck. Suddenly there were only us, the lights of the city became blurred behind the abyss and problems unimportant. I kissed him as if my life depended on it, and it did in a way. He was my engine, he was the reason why I did all this here. I don't know what I would do without him, where I would be now and what I would think of. Maybe I would think of my mother, the person who has always been the most important in my life. I would probably cry and meanwhile, make it clear that she only lives in my memories.

But that was not the reality. The reality was different. I was here, with Lewis. We kissed in the pool I used to jump into as a child. I couldn't think of anything better than doing that, experiencing this moment like that, it was just perfect...