Chapter 19

As Nova was cleaning and tending to Billy's wounds, The party and Steve took Jon's car and delt with the demodogs so Eleven could shut the gate safely. Yes, they had filled Nova in on what had happened while she had been saving her boyfriend. Apparently, as they were interrogating the Mindflayer, Will reached out in morse code and told them to close the gate. Then the phone rang which caused Will/Mindflayer to realize where he was and he summoned the demodogs which were taken out by Eleven, the carnage that Nova pulled up to with Billy. Eleven had been found and hidden by Hopper since the events last year. They left to close the gate as Jon, Nancy, and Joyce left for Hopper's cabin to burn the Mindflayer out of Will. Which they did just in time for Eleven to shut the gate closed which killed off the remaining demodogs.

Now, Nova had finished taking care of Billy's wounds and helped him to her room so he could relax comfortably in her bed. Billy smiled as his girl covered him up and practically tucked him in, "Now doll, where are you going to sleep?" Nova looked up at him, "I was going to sleep on the couch but... I can always sleep next to you." Billy grinned, "Yes please." Nova chuckled, "Alright. Let me go clean up the mess we left in the living room and I'll be right back." She lightly kissed his unhurt cheek and went back into the living room. Nova sighed as she saw the carnage and mess in the living room and started cleaning up, starting with the bloody towels she used to treat Billy.

After an hour or so of cleaning, she was finished and heard a car pull up. It was her family and Nancy. She smiled in relief before she remembered she was still wearing her gun holster with her gun in it. She 'eeped' and ran off to her bedroom and hid both the holster and gun again, checked on Billy who had fallen asleep and went back out to check on Will and everyone. By that time, Hopper and a girl she assumed was Eleven had also come back. She waved at them all and introduced herself to Eleven. The girl smiled and hugged Nova, which surprised everyone, Nova included. But Nova hugged her back. They broke the hug when they heard a groan coming from Nova's room.

"Shit, Billy." Nova rushed to check on her boyfriend, Joyce right behind her. Nova checked on Billy who was trying to get up to go pee and Joyce gasped as she saw Billy in the state he was in. Nova shook her head at her aunt and helped Billy to the bathroom. From what Nova could tell, Billy's injuries included, a broken nose, his right eye was swollen shut, he had a gash on his left cheek, his lip was split, he had a severe bruise on his stomach, and she suspected that one of his legs might've been either sprained or just injured badly. In other words, he was in bad shape and needed a hospital visit.

Once she helped Billy to the bathroom and he did his business, she helped him back into bed and tucked him back in. She kissed lightly on the lips and ushered her aunt out of the room so Billy could go back to sleep. Joyce looked at her niece and asked, "What happened to him?" Nova hesitated due to her promise to Max but the party and Steve decided to show up just then. Max saw Nova and rushed over to her, hugging her first before looking for Billy. Nova smiled, "He's asleep in my room. He needs a hospital visit but other than that, I think he's going to be ok." Max sighed in relief and looked at Hopper, "Sheriff..." Hopper looked at her, "Yes?" Max continued, "I want to bring up charges on my step-brother's behalf." Hopper nodded, "On who?" "My step-father, Neil Hargrove."

Max then began telling Sheriff Hopper everything that's happened since her mother married Neil. Hopper listened and nodded, "Alright. I'll have you come in for an official statement later on, right now. I suggest we all camp out and get some sleep. Or go home and sleep. I don't care as long as sleep is still an option." Everyone laughed at that and decided to stay at the Byers house and have a giant sleepover. Nova retired to her room and snuggled up to Billy who wrapped an arm around her in his sleep, causing Nova to smile and soon fall asleep.

Timeskip~

It had been a month or so since the thing with the mindflayer and things were going much better for everyone. Neil was arrested on domestic abuse charges and was in jail. Billy had been taken to the hospital and looked after there. His injuries had healed, and he was back on his feet within two and a half weeks. As for everyone else, it was time for the Snowball, and everyone was excited. Mike was finally taking Eleven to the Snowball and Lucas was taking Max. Will and Dustin were going solo. Nova had been roped into chaperoning the dance with Nancy and Jonathan. Nova was currently doing her hair and makeup.

Once she finished with that, she carefully put on her dress and shoes,

She met up with Nancy and Jonathan. She smiled as Nancy was fixing Jon's tie. 'Already his housewife', thought Nova. She smiled as she saw Will walk up to her and hug her. Will smiled up at her, "You look so pretty!" This catches everyone else's attention and Joyce smiles warmly. "He's right. Very pretty." Joyce borrowed Jon's camera and took pictures of them all together. After that, they all piled into Jon's car and drove to the dance.

They arrived a few minutes later, and Nova was smiled as she saw Billy's car. Billy was dropping off Max and spotted his girl walking towards them. He was speechless at how beautiful she was. Nova hugged Max, "You look so pretty Madmax!" Max giggled, "I was about to say the same thing to you!" Max had eventually come clean top Dustin about being MadMax and the boys accepted her into the party as their Zoomer. Max saw Lucas and went over to him, leaving Nova alone with Billy. Billy walked over to his girlfriend and kissed her lovingly. Nova returned the kiss before breaking it and stepping back. "It's too bad you didn't sign up to join us." Billy chuckled, "Nah, I'm still getting used to walking straight again, you don't want me to dance with you."

Nova giggled, "Yeah, I do like these shoes a lot." Billy laughed, "I love you, Nova. Thanks for saving me from my dad... and from myself." Nova blushed as she smiled at Billy, "Anytime." She kissed him again, this time deeply and felt Billy wrap his arms around her. She briefly broke the kiss and looked him in the eyes, "I will always love you, Billy Hargrove." Billy grinned, "Likewise, my beautiful Nova Varlineau." She giggled as they kissed again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: That's it!! Season 2 is finished! I will start working on Season 3 soon, I promise. Just need a quick break first. See you then!!