Chapter 35

As Nova made her southern baked Mac n cheese, Orchid was on the phone with Steve, trying to calm him down.  "I know! But... Steve. Calm down. I know, this isn't a great idea, but do you really want to argue with Nova? She hits really hard, and she actually thought this through. I know, I know. Just drive carefully, and calmly, when you get off work and are coming home, ok? I love you too. Bye." Orchid sighs, hangs up and looks at Nova who had paused in her cooking at hearing the "I Love You's" that just happened before she got back to cooking. Orchid frowned and realized why Nova paused, "Oh Nove... You'll be able to say that to someone again like that. Maybe even sooner than you think." Nova gave Orchid a confused look as Orchid smirks and motions to the living room where Eddie was watching TV with Max and Dustin.

Nova's eyes widened and she blushed, "What?! No! We're just friends. Nothing more." Orchid rolls her eyes as Nova puts the casserole dish with the mac n cheese in the oven to bake, "Yeah, that's why you made out with him in high school and ya know, are currently saving him from jail time. In your own house." Nova sighed, "Yes, cause that's what friends do. End of discussion. Besides, I couldn't do that to..." She sets the timer and goes to leave the kitchen, but is stopped by Orchid, "What were Billy's last words to you?" Nova looked pained, "He said to 'Be Happy'." 

Orchid nodded, "And Eddie, whether you know it or not, makes you happy. You've smiled more since you saw him that day all those months ago. Steve told me on how you smiled and laughed and even flirted with Eddie at the store. Nova... I know you miss Billy. But, maybe you should..." Nova held her hand up to stop Orchid, "Right now, I need to focus on keeping Eddie safe and taking out Vecna before he... Ah!" Nova holds her head in pain as blood drips from her nose again. Orchid looks at Nova and frowns before grabbing some paper towels and gives them to Nova. Nova cleans up the blood and hold the towel to her nose, "Sorry. I don't know what happened."

Orchid sighs, "You never made an appointment, did you?" Nova shook her head, "No. Dustin showed up before I could." Just then, Eddie comes into the kitchen and sees Nova holding a bloody paper towel to her nose. "Shit! Are you ok?" He walked over to Nova and touched her arm. Nova nodded, "Just a random nosebleed. I'm going to make an appointment to see a doctor right now so... yeah." Orchid looked at Eddie, "Was there something you needed?" Eddie looked up at Orchid and nodded, "Uh yeah, we were thirsty, so I volunteered to grab some drinks. That and Dustin wanted to know when the mac n cheese was going to be ready." Nova looked at the timer on the counter, "Um, five minutes. There should be some sodas in the fridge. Help yourself."

Eddie nodded and went to the fridge to grab some drinks. Orchid looked at Nova and whispered, "He's totally into you!" Nova nods, "I know." Orchid looks in disbelief, "You..?! Girl!" Eddie looked at the whispering friends in confusion before he went back into the living room. Orchid gave Nova a look, "How long?" Nova sniffed and removed the paper towel before throwing it in the trash and moving to the sink to wash her hands with Orchid following behind, "Two years. Ever since I first met him at the party where I went on my first date with Billy." Orchid's eyes widened, "Holy... And then you made out with him!" Nova shushed Orchid, "After smoking some weed, yes. I went to kiss his cheek; he moved just in time and... our lips met. We broke apart for a quick second from shock before we... moved in on each other and made out."

Orchid grinned, "Oh, there is totally an attraction between you two! It's always been there but your love and loyalty to Billy left it to fester and now its growing! I'm not saying you just throw yourself at him but, maybe give him a chance?" Before Nova could reply, the timer went off and Nova was drying her hands. She grabbed some oven mitts and took out the casserole dish with the mac n cheese and set it on the stove to cool. 

Nova turned to look at Orchid, "Ok, so

Nova turned to look at Orchid, "Ok, so... say I give him a chance. What should I do?" Orchid made and excited noise and pumped her fist, "Ask him out, tell him you want to take it slow and then do it. Take it slow and fall more in love with him. Trust me, ok?"

Nova sighed and nodded just as Eddie, Max and Dustin came into the kitchen and sat down at the table. Dustin grins, "That mac n cheese smells amazing Nova!" Nova looks at him, "Go wash your hands, all of you while I set the table, ok?" They all nodded and went to the kitchen sink as Nova set the table, moving the Mac to the middle of the table. She grabbed a serving spoon just as everyone else sat back down. She scooped up some mac for herself and placed it in her bowl before she sat down. "Dig in." She handed the spoon to Eddie who started to serve himself some mac.

~Timeskip

The dish was void of Mac n cheese and Dusting groaned, "So good." Nova smiled as everyone agreed with Dustin. She got up just as Eddie did and he smiled at her, "Allow me to take care of the dishes, princess." Nova smiled warmly and nodded as she watched him take the dish to the sink and start cleaning it. Nova looked at Orchid who motioned her to 'go talk to him'. Nova sighed and approached Eddie, "Hey um... Eddie?" Eddie looked at Nova with a smile, "Yes, princess?" Nova cleared her throat, "Um, once this is all over... would you like to go out on a date, maybe?" Eddie almost dropped the dish in shock before he grinned, "Oh yeah? You sure about that princess?"  Nova nodded, "Yes. I would like to take things slow, ya know... but, I, at least, want to give us a try. What say you, Eddie the Banished?" 

Eddie grinned, "I say... yes. I would like that very much. We'll go at your pace." Nova smiled and nodded, "Cool. I'll um... I'll let you get back to what you're doing, and I'll go fix up the loft area with some spare blankets and pillows for you." She impulsively kisses his cheek and leaves to do just that. Eddie was in shock as was Max and Dustin while Orchid was grinning the entire time.