Chapter 16

Diggy's POV

"Bad Kitty?" I shook my head and chuckled. "Sounds kind of cliché."

Twist laughed. "Yeah, I thought so too. But I heard she legit as fuck. And you, my friend, you gotta stop stressin'."

I shrugged. "If I go it won't be with y'all niggas. Imma go up there with Corahn."

"Damn nigga! What's wrong with us?!" Trevor asked.

"Yall niggas wild as fuck, bruh! I need someone that's gonna stay calm and under control with me if I go, so I don't do no dumb shit and mess up my family again." I looked over at DJ who was still oblivious to the conversation with headphones in his ear while still playing with the iPad. "I can't do it again" I added lowly.

French nodded. "You right. We'll go up there now and tell you if it's worth your time or not. Cmon yall" he said.

I laughed. "Damn! Twist didn't even finish editing the song, nigga!"

They all shrugged while laughing and left. After grabbing all of our things, DJ and I left too. We stopped to go get some McDonald's (DJ's request of course) and ate it there (also his request). When we got home I saw someone sitting on the front porch.

"Who the hell is that?" I said out loud. As we got closer I saw that it was Russy. "Russy, how the f-"

"Vanessa and Angela are gone, Dig! I don't know where the fuck they are! They ran away after what happened to mom and they aren't ans-"

"Slow the fuck down! Did you try calling them?"

He nodded. "They won't answer. Dig, I'm freakin the fuck out!"

I pulled him and DJ into the house. In the dark outside I didn't notice how bloody he was, but sure enough, he was dripping it. He had a bloody nose, a bloody lip, a black eye, and a bruise on his face. "Russel, who did this to you?" I asked him.

"Dad, I got into it with him" he said angrily.

"About what?" I demanded.

"I'm tired of him puttin' mama in the hospital man!" He yelled.

DJ flinched. "You're dripping" DJ said.

Russy turned to him. "What?"

"You're dripping" DJ repeated. He ran to get a cold towel and some alcohol.

Just then Yn came through the door with a big ass smile on her face. "Hey yall" she said happily. I guess she could feel the tension and her smile faded. "Well damn" she said while putting her purse and all of her shopping bags down. Who the hell goes shopping at 3:00 A.M.? She looked over at Russy and her mouth dropped. "Russy" she said as she ran over to him. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Long story" he said.

DJ came down with all the first aid stuff for Russy and Yn started to clean his face up. I tried to call Vanessa and Angela and they wouldn't answer. I grew frustrated and punched another hole in the wall.

Great.

I sighed as Yn shook her head as Russy explained how Vanessa and Angela ran out of the house after breaking up the fight he was in with their dad. "You should've moved in wayyy earlier. When you first asked." She turned to me. "Why didn't you tell me your mom was in the hospital again?"

Is she fucking serious right now?

"Maybe if you were home sometimes & had time to talk to me you would know!"

"3 weeks is too long to not tell me the important shit like that. And why are you trying to start an argument?" She rolled her eyes before cleaning Russy's face again.