Chapter 26

Yn's POV

*Five Days Later*

I hopped out of bed, feeling extremely nervous. Things between me and Diggy have been great, even if it's only been five days. We haven't argued and all we do is spend time with DJ and laugh, all we've had together since we squashed the stripper issues are happy moments, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

I might be screwing this up though.

I sighed, thinking about what I had on my agenda for today. I was going to go visit Jason, but I was hiding it from Diggy. If he finds out, we'll just be back to square one and I can't let that happen. I can't have him angry with me, not again.

Diggy rolled over in bed and yawned loudly before turning toward the clock. "Yn, it's 10 in the morning" he groaned.

I laughed and took out a jogging suit to wear from my drawer. "Y'know, normal people actually wake up around that time" I told him.

"Ha-ha" he said sarcastically before yawning again. "Hey back in bed" he said, stretching his arms out like a baby.

"I'll be back... I just have some errands to run" I said, stretching the truth just a little.

He sighed before pulling the covers over his head. "Just hurry back" he said, sounding like a child.

I walked to the bathroom to shower and start my hygiene routine. When I was done, I threw my clothes on. "I'll be back" I told Diggy. He just groaned sleepily before rolling over.

I looked in his room to go say goodbye to DJ but he wasn't there. Then, I remembered Angela and Russy takes him to school everyday for us. They're honestly really helpful.

I jogged out to the car and sighed as I got in and closed the door. Do I really want to do this? I remember a long time ago, I wanted to have closure about everything that happened between Jason and I l, from him abusing me to raping me to actually trying to kill me and everyone I cared about the most. But was I really ready for this? To face him again face to face and find out the motives behind his actions?

I took a deep breath before starting the car and driving in the direction of the jail he was in. Once I got there, I got out of the car and stood there for a few minutes, just staring at the building.

It took me a while to actually walk toward the building. When I got in there, there was a long process of going through metal detectors and waiting in different lines to see the inmate I wanted to see. A few people recognized me, asking to take pictures and asking questions about Diggy.

I held a few different conversations with every person that stopped me. It's crazy how they treat me like this, but I'm not famous at all. I'm just the girlfriend of a famous man, it's not like we're both famous like Beyoncé & Jay but it's still a nice feeling to know his fans like us together, too.

I made it to a front counter and gave the lady Jason's information, his full name, stuff like that. I groaned when she said I had to wait for at least 30 minutes. I stood next to the wall and kept questioning if I was actually gonna be able to see him.

I wanted to run away so badly. But no matter how hard I tried, my legs wouldn't cooperate and I'd just stay in the same place. Deep down inside I know that I need to do this, right here, right now because if I don't, I'll never know the full truth behind the past.

My phone started ringing after sitting there for what seemed like forever and I was relieved when I saw Minnie's name pop up. Maybe she can help with my nerves. "Hello?"

"Hey, stranger. I haven't heard from you in a while and you're my best friend so-"

"Minnie, please calm me down" I cut her off anxiously. "I feel like I can't breathe and I'm so damn nervous and-"