Chapter 23 (Short Chapter)

(Short Chapter) A/N: it's been a long time since I updated so some of y'all probably forgot what happened. Read the chapter summary (the paragraph at the end of every chapter) of the last few chapters to refresh your memories a little bit. Sorry for the wait. Ill have a longer chapter next time, I swear.

Jason's POV

(P.S. Keep in mind, this is all happening while Yn and Diggy are at dinner.)

"You, time for your phone call that you're granted" said the guard as he opened my cell.

He quickly put the handcuffs over my wrists and pushed me into the direction of the phone. I took a deep breath as I called my mom.

"What is it Jason?"

"I'm surprised you put money on the phone" I said.

After I kidnapped Yn and her friends and killed my baby brother, Mason, she kind of disowned me, said I was a disgrace and she wanted nothing to do with me.

She took a deep breath. "What do you want?"

"To talk to you, ma. It's not easy in here for a nigga-"

"You should've thought about that before you thought it was okay to kidnap Yn and kill your brother. Your own flesh and blood" she was about to cry, I already knew it.

I took a deep breath and I felt my eyes burn from tears. "I miss Mason, ma. Every single night when I close my eyes, I see him, just layin' there with a bullet in him-"

"Jason" she stopped me, her voice was tired and hurt. "What do you want? I'm busy-"

"I need bail money" I said. "I get it, I've learned my lesson. I'll even get help if you want me to! I'll go to therapy and I'll go to church and... And I'll.. I'll do whatever you want me to do, just get me outta here."

My ma and pops always had the bail money. They just never used it because I ruined our family, and my punishment for that was to stay in jail. They said I was spoiled and had everything given to me and I needed to learn my lesson.

"Absolutely not" she said.

"Why ma?!"

"Why?! Why?! You killed your brother, kidnapped people that you were gonna kill-"

"You only hate me because I took Mason away from y'all" I said with disgust in my voice.

She sobbed a little bit. "You've got it all wrong, Jay" she said, calling me by my old nickname. I haven't heard her use it in a while, I wiped a tear from my face. "I don't hate you, I hate the terrible things you've done. I hate how you show no remorse for them-"

"I'm showing remorse now-"

"No, Jay, you're not. You don't care about anyone but yourself. You're broken, Jay, and we can't fix you."

I sniffled and looked down at my feet. "You're call will end in one minute" said the voice operator on my timed telephone call.

She took a deep breath before speaking up again. "I love you, Jay" she said before hanging up the phone call.

I held the phone to my ear for a few more seconds before hanging it up. The guard quickly took me back to my cell. I looked around angrily before falling to the floor and crying my eyes out.
___________________________________
Okay, so this is book 3, so you guys have been around for a while. *Cue the audience in the background clapping.* For those of you who don't remember, Jason was Yn's ex-boyfriend who abused and even raped her once. In book 2, he came back (with a couple of Yn and Diggy's rivals) and got revenge on Yn for leaving him by kidnapping her and almost killing her and her unborn child (who later died (again for those of you who don't remember)). He also killed his brother, Mason, after he found out he was trying to talk to her while they were already in a relationship. As you can see, he's in jail for his crimes but isn't in the best condition. I swear there's a deeper meaning behind this chapter that'll be revealed later on.

So, what'd you think?

Vote 👍🏾, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲