Chapter 1

Yn's POV

I was at the hospital with Diggy. I've been here everyday since he's been in. DJ' at school, it's only 10 in the morning.

"Bae, can you pass me the remote?" Diggy asked me.

I got up and handed it to him. "I can't wait for you to get out of here" I said.

I went into my bag and took out a black dress and heels. I went into the bathroom and changed. I put on my gold necklace and earrings. I walked out and Diggy looked at me like I was crazy.

"Where you goin'? I thought you were stayin' all day" he said.

I sighed. "I already told you I'm going to Desiree's funeral" I said. I remember the day Jason and Mason had killed her and Tammy like it was yesterday.

He sucked his teeth. "Come on now, Yn. Why? Don't you remember how she tried to kill us?"

I rolled my eyes. "How could I forget? But, it's still the right thing to do."

He shook his head. "When does it start?"

"11. I'll be back when it's over with."

He groaned. I smirked and gave him a peck on the lips. Then, I helped him sit up. "I'll be back" I said as I walked out of the door.

I walked to my car and drove to the funeral. Immediately, I was hit by glares and shocked faces as soon as I walked into the church where the funeral was being held. I ignored the faces as I walked up to view her body. She was truly a gorgeous girl, too bad her personality wasn't the same way.

I sat down and listened to the pastors words. "Good morning everyone. We're here today to celebrate the life of Desiree Mitchell. She was beautiful, inside and out."

Yeah right, I thought to myself.

"She had a very caring personality."

I beg to differ.

"She was just one of the best people you could ever meet who wouldn't even want to harm a fly."

Ummm.. are we talking about the same person, here?

"However, we all know the situation that she was in the day of her death. The evil of the devil had taken over her, he can truly turn the best of people into monsters. She tried to torture and try to take away the life of others. We all know, this is wrong. However, no sin is bigger than another. She just wasn't in her right mind."

Is he seriously making excuses for Desiree trying to kill us? That's fucked up.

I heard people around the church yelling, "Amen!" and "Hallelujah" and crying. I thought preachers actually spoke the truth and didn't try to make excuses for people, even the deceased.

After a while of speaking more lies and excuses, he asked if anyone wanted to say a few words about Desiree. Her mom rose her hand and slowly made her way to the front of the church. She picked up the microphone and hesitated before speaking.

"My daughter, Des, was my only daughter. My only child, actually. She was my entire world. She was smart, beautiful, talented, young, everything that you could imagine. My daughter may not have been perfect, but nobody is. Des was perfect to me, though. We may have had arguments, but I loved her, and even though she acted as if she didn't at times, I know she loved me too. She was special to me." She glared at me as she spoke. "Sometimes, I wish I could've kept her from being around certain people, though. She may still be here if I would have protected her from those certain people. Now, I have to raise my granddaughter alone and when she's older, I have to explain I her why her grandmother's taking care of her, and not her actual mother." She choked up a little bit as she dropped the mic and walked back to her seat.