My Sun - Stanley Uris

a/n: i legit haven't watched IT chapter 2 in a good year so it's not accurate at all (obvs since Stan is alive LMAO) also the way writing domestic Stan is so natural to me is alarming i am delusional ok thx xx 

WARNINGS: brief description of pain, Stan has a little anxiety attack, Stan also holds the best husband of the year award fight me (its a warning cuz its making me delulu <3)

also i used gender neutral pronouns bcuz i notice how much i write with she/her (it's a crime) oh and i also tried to avoid the use of Y/n and idk if i like it

also this is not edited read my stupidity at your own risk!!!   

Clammy, yet steady hands grasped at shaking ones. Reassuring and weak squeezes were provided to a man with what they thought to be short curly hair. Their eyes just caught the faint glimmer from what they thought were passing headlights. He looked pale, so sickeningly pale, and frantic. Was he late for something? They didn't know. All they knew was that they were so very tired, and so very happy.

Happy? Why were they happy? Perhaps it was their birthday, though they thought it odd not to remember their birthday. Was the room spinning? Are they in a room?

Where was–

    Oh, they thought, hands beginning to desperately cling to the ones they were squeezing moments ago, that's right. I'm happy because I'm with him.

"Stan," they croaked, "I'm so glad you're here."

The man, Stan, opened his mouth to speak, but they couldn't hear him. A sudden shooting pain emerged from beneath the surface. Like a cage rattling, with claws scratching and tearing at the back of their eyes. They could feel every muscle in their body strain as they tried to fight whatever battle was happening in them, but they were weak. The little light they saw began to dimmer more, streaks of red and yellow melted all around them until it was dark and dull. So dull, a kind of dull they'd never experienced before, not since they were a child and that terrified them. What was going on? Where did he go? Why was their world so dark and lonely?

    Stan, Stan, I can't see you Stan– they clawed at his arms with low, choked breaths, Where are you Stan?

"It's alright," A voice broke through, wavering, but firm, and oh so familiar, "I've got you sunshine." It was as if he knew, without words he knew what they were thinking. Ragged breaths evened out to shallow ones, their hands coming back down to rest with his.

Sunshine, oh how that nickname gave them warmth. The rattling cage began to slow, and color slowly began fading in and out of view. The peace they had craved was finally theirs once more. Sunshine, even on a rainy day.

     "You are," they paused, eyes struggling to focus on the silhouette of the man above them as he began to blur into the background of their subconscious, "my sun, S–"

Limbs went tumbling down the mattress, tangled in sheets and five other blankets. The weather had been nothing short of brutal, and the heating Stan swore he'd get fixed still remained broken. Sore arms shot up, dangerously close to the abandoned cup of tea carelessly placed at the edge of the nightstand.

    Stan never leaves his cup here, their brows furrowed, where is he?

Stan. The sudden thought of his name created a deep, unsettling feeling at the pit of their stomach and a chill ran up their spine. They, however, chalked it up to the freezing temperature of their house and began their morning routine.