Crayon Vows (Stanley Urine)

a/n: I KNOW I KNOW I SAID NO MORE STAN BUT OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MANY UNFINISHED FICS IN HERE I'M JUST TRYNNA EMPTY EM OUT MAN

WARNINGS: cursing, violence, mentions of a shitty wife, i think that's it 🤡🤚

       It all began shortly after I moved here, a small family in a small house starting fresh. I was only 8 at the time, and was very excited to make new friends.
       "Mommy mommy! Can I go outside and play??" I ran up to here, ball in hand as she covered her large bump with her frail hand.
       "Sure sweetie, but stay in the yard now." She smiled, watching my eyes sparkle upon hearing her approval. I gave her a quick hug and kiss before rushing outside, laughing as I bounced my ball against the pavement.
       My mom was eight months pregnant with my little brother at the time, Tommy. He was taking a toll on my mothers petite body, she could hardly walk at all without immense pain and swelling in her legs. I took it upon myself to cook dinner most days, even if it meant eating cheerios and poptarts, I still tried my best.
       I kicked the ball, watching it roll across the yard. It came to a smacking halt, hitting the back of someone as they sat in their yard. Frowning, they looked over to see me jogging, trying my best as to not trip over the sprinklers.
       "Oh gee, sorry!" I picked up my ball and took a good look at the person. They were about my age, three inches taller with thick curly hair. A pair of black binoculars dangled from their neck and a pretty sketch book laid across their lap. I kneeled down, pointing to the boys various sketches.
       "Hey!" He yanked the drawings away, quickly snapping the book shut as to avoid me seeing any more.
       "Those are really good! What are you? Leonardo DeCaprio?" (a/n: i know the time line doesn't match up but i couldn't HELP MYSELF) I tilted my head, smiling as he blushed.
      "It's Leonardo DiVinci, and no! This is just for my bird watching group." He proceeded to pick up the binoculars and gaze through them, pointed in the direction of a tree not too far from us. I followed his gaze, seeing a small nest of birds occupying a branch.
       "Oh cool, who's in the group??" The birds squawked, making me laugh as the boy slowly lowered his binoculars. He shifted uncomfortably, blushing profusely as he crossed his arms.
      "Just me." He whispered, looking off to the side to avoid my gaze. I took the binoculars and leaned close so I wouldn't choke him, and took a look at the birds.
     "Well boy I don't know, from here on out, I vow to join your group and make sure you always have a friend by your side!" I smiled triumphantly, finally earning a laugh from him.
       "My name is Stan, and thanks, I look forward to working with you."
      That vow was the beginning of something special. I didn't know it at the time, but meeting him would become the best day of my life. Knowing what I know now, I'd do it a million times, just to see him laugh for the first time again.
      Flash forward a couple of years, it's summer and we're in our teen years. We have made more friends and created a band of Losers. Stanley, the lonely boy I hit with my ball, wasn't so alone now. Although I did have to learn how to share, I know deep down no one could ever replace me in Stan's eyes, and I feel the same about him.
       "I am NOT dancing around the sewers with a clown who has probably contracted TONS of diseases just by living here!! You guys are insane!" Ed yelled as we stood in front of the Nebolt house, debating on what plan we'd actually execute. Stan was to my left, shifting between feet as he sighed anxiously. This situation wasn't necessarily the best on Stan's anxiety, I could see that more than anyone, so I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
       "Stanley, I vow to protect you from whatever crawls in that hell." Gently rubbing circles on his hand, I watched as his eyes glanced between the house and me. His face scrunched up slightly, before he nodded, squeezing my hand in return.
       "Thank you, Y/n."
        It's been 27 years. Stanley and I are still very close, we moved in together a couple months ago after his wife left him for some doctor in miami. I hope she shows up and it's some old creepy foot fetish guy who catfished her. I'd thank the man for getting her out of here, she never treated Stanley good, he deserves way better.
       We got the call just yesterday, and finally made it to the restaurant where the other losers were. Shocker, Richie was nearly drunk already as he was bickering with Eddie. They didn't even notice us until I pouted, placing my hands on my hips as I pointed an accusing finger at Ben. 
       "What the hell happened to my big mac?!" Every one turned to me, silent for a moment, before breaking out into laughter as Ben charged at me with a hug. Not including Stan, I was probably the closest to Ben. We always helped each other with homework, and half the time were the ones to lock up the library because the librarian never had the heart to kick us out. Stanley never approved of this, it was clear in his body language, but he never said a word, which I was incredibly thankful for.
       I turned back to Stan, seeing him standing kind of awkwardly and avoiding my gaze. I just smiled and stepped back, intertwining our fingers and giving him the signature squeeze of reassurance.
       "I vow that you'll never have to go through this alone, Stanley."
•••
       "RUN FOR YOUR F**KING LIVES THIS BITCH IS CRAZY!!!" Richie screamed, running away as Pennywise, or should I say, PennyY/n chased him with a pipe.
       "SERIOUSLY RICH?? YOU'RE SCARED OF ME WHACKING YOU??" I screamed back, struggling to pull free a large plank of wood from the pile of useless junk. PennyY/n screamed, swinging the pipe down and just nearly missed Richie's head.
       "YOU WERE SCARY AS A KID!! THATS WHY I NEVER PICKED ON STAN!" Richie leaped behind a boulder and tumbled into one of the tunnels, heavy panting echoed off the structure as PennyY/n looked around for him. I was about to chuck the piece of wood at it when I noticed something. Stan was off to the side, frozen in fear with a broken paddle clutched in his hand. Pennywise hadn't noticed him yet, but it was only a matter of time before it did.
       "YO PENNYBITCH! OVER HERE ASSCLOWN!" I challenged, banging the wood against the ground to create a loud noise. Pennywise snapped his head over to me, and suddenly I was no longer staring at my terrifying self, but a younger Stan.
       "You never meant anything to me! You're worthless! I was only friends with you because I pitied you!" Pennywise screamed, a black goo dripping from it's lips as it snarled. I didn't falter, instead I clasped the wood firmly in my hands.
       "I vow to beat your ass." I smirked, cocking my head to the side before throwing the wood at it. The wood knocked into Pennywise's head, making it stumble back for a second and transform back into the clown. It screeched, opening its jaw to reveal rows of teeth.
       "Y/N THE LIGHT!! DON'T LOOK AT IT!!" Bill screamed, but it fell on deaf ears as I began to float, my eyes clouded over in a haze. I felt my body go limp as my mind went blank. I couldn't even begin to recall how long it was before I awoke, firm and warm lips planted against my own.
       Stanley pulled back, tears pooling his gorgeous eyes as he whimpered. He brushed the stray hair from my face and gently set his hand against my cheek.
       "Stan..?" I whispered weakly, my eyes shifting between his as I tried to lift my hand to hold his. He shook his head, leaning forward to press his forehead against my own.
      "I vow to always protect you, no matter what..." He spoke gently, grabbing my hand to give it a little squeeze.
       Oh how the tables have turned.

... ok don't hate me it was another incomplete draft

at least I didn't make you die,, i really was gonna make the ending sad but i hate sad endings 😔🤚