Weirdos | Richie TOEzier

A/n: write for someone other than Stan and Richie challenge (IMPOSSIBLE) also I hate the ending but god damn this has been a draft for TWO YEARS I had to get it out bro

Summary: Reader and Richie go to the same school but have never crossed paths until now, but don't worry Richie knows just the cure for heartbreak 

WARNINGS: cursing (shocker) and w e e d

I have smoked weed ONCE and it was from a pen and I coughed like a little bitch so forgive me if my description of smoking is bad I got it all from the inter webs 🙏🙏

"Hey, do you want to get out of here?"

When Y/n bumped into someone, that was the last thing she expected to come from his mouth. She expected to be yelled at, or more likely ignored with a cold glare, certainly not an invitation to get laid. Her sniffles died down as her eyebrows knitted together.

"What?" Y/n squeaked out, bringing the edge of her sweater to wipe the remaining tears on her cheek. She only bumped into him because her boyfriend Chad had dumped her just minutes prior, claiming that they just "weren't a good fit", especially now that he had been promoted to quarter back and she was just flyer for the cheer squad. She suspected Chad was moving on to Jenny, the head cheerleader that everyone adored. It helped that her daddy was also rich, so she always threw the most lavish parties while he was away on business.

A look of bewilderment flashed across the boys face in realization of his words, "Oh god no, not like that. I was just about to skip English and figured you looked like you didn't want to be here so, I just thought-" He watched her face as it didn't change, making him pause for a moment, "or you know what forget everything I said. We're strangers I know, it's cool." He finished, stuffing his hands into his front pockets and moving to the side to pass her.

"Wait-" Y/n turned, grabbing a fistful of his sleeve to make him stop, "I want to come, I can't be here right now." She then let go of him, in turn hugging herself tightly as a fresh wave of tears came over her.

Before she could cry, the boy took her hand, "Hey, I know a great spot where we could go and get away from all the shitty people in his town. Don't worry, Y/n, it'll cheer you up." He spoke reassuringly, squeezing her hand lightly as he began to tug her down the hallway.

"You...you know my name?" Y/n cursed herself for sounding so small, but today truly wasn't her day and she just couldn't bear to try any harder. She watched as he glanced behind at her, a blush creeping up his neck at being caught.

"I-er- well, you are one of the popular cheer girls right? Everyone knows your name." He resisted the urge to clap himself on the back for how fast he came up with a story. How embarrassing would it be to tell her he'd been crushing on her since eighth grade when she played Juliet and he was Romeo? Well, he was Romeo's understudy, but he got to play the part for one night when the lead Romeo got food poisoning.

He never wishes ill on others but...

Anyways, she definitely didn't remember that and he definitely wasn't bringing it up. He may or may not have fit in the costume, too tall for it so the pants came up too high and the sleeves ended just three inches away from his wrists. He was convinced she let out a little giggle when seeing him for the first time. Yeah, totally not bringing it up whatsoever.

"Oh...right, well let's go mysterious guy." Y/n tried not to sound so disappointed that he only knew her because of her popularity, but it was hard when her emotions were all over the place. She was torn between feeling angry at Chad, upset over the breakup, and guilty. She wanted the best for him, so she was feeling rather selfish wishing he would change his mind and take her back. Y/n reminded herself, she liked the idea of the relationship, but not with Chad.