A Soulmate | Ed Kaspbrak

a/n: broski's honest to god forgot i wrote this...anyways it's hella short and hella sad so just a warning luvs xx !!!

WARNINGS: sad :(

The sun poured from his lips, glistening like sweet honey on a warm autumn day. His eyelashes rested against his skin, fluttering in a daze as he struggled to keep his eyes open. He squinted, a faint twinkle in his eyes creeping through. Reaching out a hand, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled tiredly. The glow on his cheeks told her everything, it was a happy morning indeed.

"How do you always manage to look perfect in the morning?" He whispered, eyes flickering from her lips back to her eyes in a slow haze. She giggled softly, moving her arm to rest under her head as she leaned closer into him. She stared into his eyes for a moment, nose to nose with him just breathing slowly.

"How do you manage to always be so sweet in the morning?" She retorted, giggling some more when a grin broke out onto his face. He closed his eyes once more, just basking in the closeness of her body.

Closing the gap, she met his lips in a sweet, loving kiss, pulling back a moment later to smile against his lips. His breath mingled with hers,

"I'm in love with you." He whispered against her lips, smiling along with her before dipping down and reconnecting their lips once more.

"You're my soulmate..." She whispered into the kiss, opening her eyes to look into his loving ones.

And then she woke up. A cold and empty bed enveloping her in all of her fears and weaknesses. Forever a reminder of all the failures and insecurities she buried deep within her. It all bubbled to the surface as she was forced to relive all of her darkest moments, one painfully prominent.

The death of her love.

So yes, he was a soulmate.

A soulmate who wasn't meant to be.