North Star | Bill Denbrough

a/n: don't kill me I know a lot of you said Stan but I have another idea for Stan and for Bev !!! in the same universe as this au soooo... also i think this is the longest fic i've written on here at like 2,177

WARNINGS: cursing, creepy ass prince, fighting

       Fine music played softly in the background, as well as the clink of glasses and the occasional conversation. I sighed, leaning against the cool railing of the moon lit patio. This whole ball thing wasn't my idea, I can assure you that much. It was my fathers, King Steve Harvey, who decided eh, now is a good time to set my daughter up with some pervy princes! Can't you tell i'm ecstatic?

       I let a sigh escape through my lips, closing my eyes I felt the gentle breeze against my face as it feathered through my dress. Another thing I hate about this stupid ball, the dress I wore was itchy and made it impossible to sit down. Considering the heels I'm forced to wear, that is NOT a pleasant thing to deal with. If the earth could just swallow me up whole right about now that would be fantastic.

       "Princess...I thought you'd b-be in the ballroom..." A voice led on, their words dying to a hushed whisper as they solemnly approached. I spun around, gripping the railing behind me as I pulled myself up to try and appear dominant. Of course I deflated upon seeing that it was just a royal guard, though he did sound different from the rest.

My gaze shifted up to the stars, watching them twinkle, "My mother once said that each star resembled ones soul...I would pick a star every night and wish them prosperity...though I think I skipped my own star." My eyes fell upon the dirty stone beneath me, patches of moss traveling through the cracks. If only my mother were here now, she'd be able to give me guidance. Such a pity to be so young and forced into something so mature. How I long to be able to make my own decisions, pick the person I wish to wed. It's the simple things I cannot have that make my life a miserable hell.

The royal guard timidly approached my side, looking up to the night sky himself. He then lifted his hand and pointed, gently glancing down at me as I turned to see. There, high above the rest, was the north star, shining brighter than any other. He smiled to himself, resting his hand against the railing.

"I b-believe that star is your soul, s-so beautiful and magnificent...you're t-truly a wonder, princess." The guard nervously shifted, letting his gaze drop to his feet. I blushed vividly, not quite used to the sincerity of his voice. Nonetheless, I placed my small hand over his and offered him a warm smile.

"Dance with me..." I began, watching his face turn to me with hesitance. He furrowed his brows, and for a moment remained silent.

"B-Bill...my name is Bill." Bill tilted his head to the side, not quite sure as to what I was doing. I simply cocked a brow and grabbed his hand firmly.

"Well Bill, you can call me Y/n, now let's dance." Not waiting for an answer, I tugged him through the glass doors. We trotted down the steps, dodging waiters as they provided champagne and other delicacies for the guests. Finally, we arrived at the center of the dance floor, and the orchestra picked up again.

"Princess- er, Y/n, I-I don't quite kn-know how to...how to dance." Bill laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. I grabbed his hands and squeezed them for reassurance, guiding them to my hips as others flocked around to dance.

"That's alright, we'll take it slow. Follow my lead, Bill." And with that, we swayed to the melody, not once tearing our eyes away from each other as all we could think about was the moment. The candles provided a heavenly glow on his complexion, making him impossibly more handsome. As time progressed Bill became more comfortable in the dance and began spinning me. I giggled, watching my dress twirl around before being pulled towards Bill once more.