Best of Friends | Stan Uris

A/n: I'M SORRY I WENT M.I.A. I'VE BEEN REPLAYING THE BATMAM ARKHAM KNIGHT GAME AND INJUSTICE FOR THE 1000TH TIME
ps sorry it's another Stan fic but i love him so much so oopsies

WARNINGS: cursing

Summary: Reader and Stan are "best friends", but best friends don't share longing glances and lingering hugs do they?

Y/n had never been the smoothest of people, this was common knowledge. Every five minutes she practically had random facts spewing from her lips as she nervously tucked loose strands behind her ear. She never was the confident outgoing type, but slowly with the help of her fellow losers she was breaking from her shell. However, that didn't mean she wasn't a blushing mess everyday when her good friend Stanley turned the corner, perfect curls framing his delicate features, a book, most likely about birds, tucked safely under his arm. He never seemed to notice the way Y/n's eyes lingered on his frame, or how she'd absentmindedly pick at the friendship bracelet with a gem directly in the center, a gift he'd given her when they were kids. It was a nightmare, coming to school everyday and having to keep a secret from probably one of the most observant kids in this school. Nothing, if ever, went under Stan's radar. He was keen on keeping thing under wraps, he knew almost everything about everyone, his glare never failed to make her shudder, flushed cheeks turning away as she nipped at her bottom lip.

Today was like most days, Richie was blabbing on about another girl in school he undoubtedly was pursuing, undressing her with his vulgar mouth. The losers were walking their bikes away from the school, all except poor Y/n, who's bike had broke after her accident down the block. Henry thought it would be funny to toss a rock right in her path, causing the bike to jolt forward, sending her and the metal dud tumbling down a hill. If Eddie hadn't been there trying to pick up his dropped pills, Y/n thinks she would have stayed there, sprawled in a thorn bush until dusk.

"And then when Mr. Kolskey told us the homework, Stacy dropped her pencil, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DESK! Man- and then she like, bent over to get it- I totally got a sweet look at that a-"

"Y/n, you didn't bike to school?" Stan's voice broke through Richie's, causing the losers to all turn their heads in their direction. Y/n fumbled with the straps of her bag, racking her brain to come up with an extraordinary lie.

You see, no one dared tell Stanley what happened, afraid of what may happen. He could normally keep his cool, but it seemed as though anything involving Y/n all common sense got thrown out of the window. The last thing she was wishing for was Stan going after Henry in blind rage.

"Oh-uh-n-no..." She paused, glancing down at the rubble beneath her beaten sneakers, "I uh...I..." She swallowed thickly, Stan could sense something was wrong, but before he could grasp her hand in his Eddie launched forward, wrapping an arm around his friend's neck.

"Her bike was stolen!" Eddie smiled, but quickly covered it up with a cough, "Yeah, this morning I met her in homeroom and-and she was all out of breath from walking here. Really Y/n you should start working ou- OOF!" Eddie wheezed, holding the side Stanley just elbowed. He glanced worriedly at Y/n, ignoring the shrewd comments Eddie was making about his blow.

"Why didn't you call? I could have given you a ride." Stan glanced back at his bike, then to Y/n, who's ears were tinted red.

She couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like to ride with Stan. Oh how many useless facts she'd spit out, surely Stan would dump her on the side of the road, tell her to get lost and never ever contact her again-

"Hey hey, are you alright?" Stan cupped her cheeks in both of his hands, swiping his thumb over her cheek bone softly as he searched her eyes. Y/n couldn't help but freeze under his touch, which was ironic considering how she was burning up. Beverly was the next to try and intervene, not wanting her friend to wear such a panicked expression anymore.