Dance the hurt Away ( Richie Tozier)

A/N: the reader is gender neutral im pretty sure :) also Richie is probs ooc in this but IDC ITS CUTE

       The light drizzle that once coated your hair with droplets was quick to turn into downpour. The light blue sweater you wore turned a dark shade of blue under the drum of the sky's rage.
       The closest building that you could get into for cover was that of Richie Tozier's house. The boy in seventh period with snide comments and gigantic eyes.
      You hesitated, looking to his door, then up at the angered sky. A flash of light was your answer from the universe, as thunder rumbled through the clouds. You swore, taking one shaky fist and pounding it against the door.
       It took about three more rounds of knocking before a very messy Richie opened the door, fixing his glasses that were currently upside down on his nose. He was quick to notice your soaking attire and pained expression, and swiftly widened the door to pull you through.
      "Jesus christ, Y/n, what are you doing out at 3am in the pouring rain?!?" Is what you expected Richie to yell.
      Instead he silently tread up the stairs, you close behind. He lead you to his room, softly closing the door shut behind the both of you, before moving on to his closet. He pulled one of his old sweaters out, some cartoon character saying a silly pun splat in the middle. Then he pulled out a pair of sweatpants and handed both to you, and simply left.
      You stood there for a minute, stunned at how Richie Tozier, the loudest, most invasive person in Derry, never spoke a word. Not even a gentle whisper. Suddenly you remembered what brought you out at 3am in the first place, the feeling of being a burden.
       "WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER?!?" The memory rang in your head, making you wince as you peeled off your soaked sweater.
      You see, you had never been your father's favorite, you knew that since you were little. Ever since mom left, however, things have gotten worse. Now here you are in Richie Tozier's room half naked and crying.
      After changing, you felt warmth embrace you. As well as Richie's distinct scent. Arcade games and soap. Weird combo but it filled your heart with content.
      You felt yourself opening the door. Two peeks, left and right, you found that Richie was no where. You thought he might have locked himself away, until you heard the sound of glass clinking from downstairs. Following the noise, it led you to a very focused Tozier trying to pour the correct amount of milk into the hot chocolate mix. A dribble made its way onto the counter top, and out of instinct you tore a piece of paper towel off the roll and wiped the surface clean.
       Richie's breath caught in his throat as you stood just inches away from him. He could just feel how cold you were, and see the tear tracks running down your face from prior. He felt his heart twinge at the thought, and suddenly, hot chocolate was his last priority.
       "Come on." He finally spoke, softly into your ear as his hand intertwined with yours, tugging you away. He lead you back into his room, and turning away he fumbled with his record player.
      Suddenly, a soft tune played out as the needle caught onto the track, and a very tired Richie stumbled back. He nodded along, smiling ever so slightly. You became entranced with his dancing, a little wiggle here and there as he got lost in it. Allowing yourself to loosen up, you followed his steps, giggling when he opened an eye to glance at you cautiously.
       "My...my parents aren't home..so.." He scratched his neck and shrugged, turning up the volume so silence was no more. He latched onto your hands and spun you into him, chuckling as you gasped in surprise. 
        "Richie..!" You felt a blush creep up your neck as he swayed you both side to side. He hummed along to the music not even bothering to reply as he spun you away and then positioned himself for a slow dance.
       "Seems like we're both in pain tonight, so let's just dance it all away doll." Richie winked, twirling you around as to have no questions asked. You caught on, and not wanting to pester the boy who humbly allowed you into his home, you played along.
       After a bit of swaying and stepping on toes, the song came to a halt, and so did the both of you. Looking into his eyes, for any clue as to what he was thinking, you smiled. For the first time that night you felt a surge of happiness spark through you. The rain and thunder long forgotten, all your problems were indeed danced away.
        "Thank you, Richie." You mumbled, leaning into him as he began to sway you both. The vibration of his hum left you giddy, as he smiled to himself.
        The last thing he would have thought was for Y/n L/n to break through his lonely interior and melt away all the sadness his parents had left. The last thing he would have thought was to have you in his arms.
        The last thing he would have thought, was for that night to be the first of many with you.