I'm Going To Marry Her | Stan Uris

a/n: b r u h what is up with me and all these marriage with older stanley ?! it's not like i'd marry him in a heart beat or anything... 😳

AU where he's alive!! Also this starts off when they're kids :)

WARNINGS: cursing, mentions of suicide, BUT DON'T WORRY IT ENDS WITH FLUFF

Stan watched as Y/n twirled around, bumping hips with Beverly as they danced to the newest album from George Micheal. The little bunker they built had finally been completed and she insisted on having a victory dance. The boys stuck to watching awkwardly, not wanting to dance and embarrass themselves in front of others. Beverly noticed Ben's uncomfortable stance, so she took his hand and smiled, forcing him to move along to the beat. Y/n soon did the same, grabbing Eddie's hand, and after much arguing from his side, he allowed himself to be pulled in. Stan couldn't help but grin wickedly as you laughed, letting Eddie dip you dramatically as he eyed Richie.

"See, Rich, this is how you swoon a girl." Eddie smiled smugly, lifting Y/n back up on he feet. Richie just rolled his eyes, dropping his comic book down to his lap.

"Dude you're like a little sister to her, there is no swooning going on." Richie grumbled, diving his nose back into the story in an attempt to hide the blush on his cheeks.

Stan noticed how you continued to dance, not a care in the world as you beckoned Mike to join in. He hesitated, but seeing how much fun you were having he decided he would have to. Stan couldn't lie, he did feel a pang of jealously when Y/n pulled in Ed and Mike, but her beauty captivated him in a way that he couldn't let that bother him.

Bill sat next to Stan, a small smile on his face as he watched his friend make heart eyes at Y/n. It was quite obvious how much Stan adored her, it always warmed Bill's heart, knowing Stan had someone important in his life that could brighten his day. He glanced at Y/n, watching her stumble over her feet and let out another gorgeous laugh. Then he looked to Stan, who had bit his lip trying to contain the wide grin his face so desperately wanted to wear.

"You really like her, don't you Stan?" Bill asked in a hushed tone, careful not to poke the bear known as Tozier who'd make quite the scene.

Stanley, without once tearing his eyes off of the girl, smiled warmly, "I'm going to marry her, Bill, if it's the last thing I do."

Flash forward 27 years later, Stan had been working towards his declaration. He had the ring, it was just a matter of asking his beloved girlfriend.

Y/n and him had moved in together 2 years prior, and had been dating since junior year of high school. It was true he managed to keep his crush under wraps, there was no issue there. However his friends couldn't keep their mouth shut. Cough cough Richie. So Y/n ended up finding out his feelings for her against his wishes.

Currently Stan was attempting to complete a puzzle, the pieces spread out over his table in front of him as Y/n sat beside him, watching intently. He only had one piece remaining, the trouble was finding it.

"I'm gonna go start dinner, good luck finding the missing piece!" Y/n smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek before leaving. Stan smiled, the tingling sensation on his cheek grounding him. He couldn't believe this was real, he was actually here with her, they were together. Nothing could stop him from being with her forever.

Stan had finally found the piece and placed it in the center, smiling in satisfaction as the bird in front of him finally had eyes. He shifted his gaze to his phone, which had been laying on the couch for quite some time. Picking it up, he curiously checked the time. It was nearly 6:30, a bit late for the two of them to be having dinner, but the puzzle distracted the pair from even thinking about food. His eyebrows furrowed when noticing he had a missed call from an unknown number. It was rare he got calls, unless they were from Y/n, so this intrigued him.

Could it be a scam call? Perhaps a call from the doctors office? Maybe my father passed without me knowing...or Y/n needs help! Stan she's in the other room...get a hold of yourself...

Millions of possibilities scattered his brain as he bit his lip in concentration. He probably should just call them back, right? He could always hang up if it's scam or a prank. Stan nodded to himself as he pressed the call button, bringing it to his ear as it rung twice.

"Stan...I was worried you wouldn't pick up...IT's back."

• • •

"Stan, dinners ready! It's your favorite!" Y/n called, popping out of the kitchen to peak in the living room. Sure enough the couch was empty, and the finished puzzle laid there. She smiled slightly, shaking her head as she returned to the kitchen. Her boyfriend was one to get lost in thought, he probably went upstairs to collect his bird book for documentary.

A few moments passed by and Y/n could hear the faint sound of the bathtub running. She furrowed her brows as she wiped her hands and shut the faucet off. She began to approach the stairs, glancing up to see the bathroom door shut and light peaking through underneath.

"Stan?" She worriedly called, beginning to make her way up. It wasn't like him to randomly get baths like this, especially when he knew dinner was being made. Y/n hesitated, resting her hand against the door as she leaned her head forward. "Hey love? Is everything alright in there?" She called, but got no response.

On the other side, Stanley held the blade to his wrist, shaking tremendously as he fought an inner battle. He can't go back to Derry, he just can't, he doesn't have it in him. After so much trauma, he was finally getting better! He has a girlfriend, a house, hell, he was going to propose! Then, it hit him like a ton of bricks. A memory from years prior flooded his mind as he leaned back, dropping the blade from his hands and letting it hit the ground.

"How do you know she's the one?" Bill questioned, leaning forward to look at Y/n. She smiled at Bill, waving cheerfully before being pulled away by Beverly, who wanted to slow dance now.

Stan cracked a smile, a faint blush dusting his cheeks as he pondered on the topic. "It's this gut feeling. I can't imagine my life without her in it. I guess....I guess I just love her...more than life itself."

Stan gasped, jerking up as persistent knocking came from the other side of the door. He rubbed his eyes, looking around tiredly.

"I'm going to marry her...no matter what."

• • •

"No fucking way you guys actually lasted this long.." Richie gaped, glancing between Stan and Y/n as they nodded.

Y/n wore a brilliant smile, leaning into his side as she grasped his hands in hers. She laughed, watching Stan roll his eyes at their friends antics.

"How the hell did you do it??" Eddie asked, placing his drink down with a clink as he studied them. Y/n looked up to Stan, softly tracing his features with her eyes. Of course she knew her answer, as did he, it was just a matter of professing their secret to the whole world.

"I always knew I was going to marry him some day..." Y/n admitted, watching Stan's eyes widen in surprise. Bill caught on, nearly choking on his own spit as he leaned forward, pressing a firm hand against his chest in hopes of relieving the pain.

"I am marrying you." Stan smiled, watching as his lovers face lit up brilliantly. Y/n pressed a quick kiss to his lips, before turning the rest of them.

"So what's up with you guys?"