Follow You | Richie Tozier

A/N: I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK SO BAD RNNN but enjoy quarantine is making me retreat back into my emo phase.

WARNINGS: I think language?? Mentions of alcohol but reader doesn't consume any :)

              "Please, just one party please? For me??" Beverley's voice rang out in her head, unintentionally making her shudder as she passed a crowd of kids chanting "chug" over and over again. All she could smell was booze, sweat, human b.o. as she tried her best to escape. Damn Beverley for being such a good persuader.

              "My friend is in the band! I promised him I'd go and that I'd bring someone! Please! I'll do your homework for the next TWO WEEKS! Pleeeeeaaaasssee!!!" Y/n vividly remembered her friend down on her knees, shaking her intertwined hands to convey just how desperate she was. Y/n, being the good friend she is, agreed as long as Beverley didn't force her to drink, smoke, or dance. Y/n was simply a bystander, to walk around aimlessly unbothered. School was way more important than getting a buzz, that was her self motto.

             "This next one is dedicated to a girl out there!" A smooth voice came through the speakers, grabbing the dancers attention and making a few girls scream. Y/n lifted her head, seeing the band playing upstairs at the railing, the stairs blocked off by some stacked chairs so no one could get up there. Y/n studied the lead singer carefully, sensing a familiarity in them. It was a guy, clad in a loose tee that had their logo spray painted in read on the front, some holes adorning it as well. His jeans weren't in the best shape either, torn to shreds at the knees with some of threads hanging on for dear life. He had a pair of scuffed up combat boots on too, your classic bad boy rock star, even had the black hair to go with it.

              "WOO!!" Beverley's call brought Y/n out of her trance and switched her focus on her. Bev was at the front of the crowd, bouncing on her knees and sticking a thumbs up at the singer. Y/n allowed her eyes to be dragged back up towards the singer, who sent a thumbs up back towards Bev before turning his head back to the crowd. He scanned the various teens, taking note of their intoxicated state as most of them swayed on their feet. It was as if this guy didn't even have a girl in mind, he just craved the attention and thirst from his fans. Y/n rolled her eyes at the very thought, missing the intrigued look on the singers face as he noticed her. His eyebrows raised slightly and his tongue darted out in mischief, a plan formulating in his brain already.

              "The girl in the very back who looks SO excited to be here! This one's for you sweet cheeks." He winked, smiling widely at the blush that was quick to form on her cheeks. She glanced at Beverley who gaped in surprise while also laughing in amusement. Her face practically screamed "IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE YOURSELF".

The boy began singing his heart out, the lyrics riding the wave of beats that engulfed the crowd in a screaming frenzy. They had the crowd hanging onto every chord they produced, it was as if they were hypnotized. The majority of the time the singers eyes stayed put on Y/n's frame, drinking in every delectable expression her face displayed. She too was getting lost in the music, and it scared her.

🎵 'Cause I'm telling you you're all I need
I promise you you're all I see
'Cause I'm telling you you're all I need
I'll never leave 🎵

The band paused, watching as everyone stopped, frozen with anticipation. The lead singers eyes scanned the crowd, before connecting with Y/n's, and with one swift head bang and foot stomp, the music roared back to life.

🎵 So you can drag me through hell
If it meant I could hold your hand
I will follow you 'cause I'm under your spell
And you can throw me to the flames
I will follow you, I will follow you 🎵

The singer winked, biting his lip slightly which earned plenty of screams from the girls below. Y/n remained frozen, the blush becoming more and more prominent on her cheeks. This was not happening. She was not being sung to. She was not being flirted with. This was all just some sick teenage hormone filled dream, right?

🎵 Come sink into me and let me breathe you in 🎵 He practically groaned the lyrics as he tilted his head back.

🎵 I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen 🎵 He lifted his head once more, completely engrossed in himself as he tangled his hand in his curly locks.

🎵 So dig two graves 'cause when you die
I swear I'll be leaving by your side 🎵

He smirked, lifting his hand all the way up to it was in the air, his hair falling back down in its natural, messy state. He lifted one finger in the air, before screaming the remaining lyrics, belting out a beautiful melody and meaningful lyrics to the fans. This was when Y/n decided she had enough, and she pushed her way through the crowd once more, even past her beloved friend in order to find and exit and leave immediately. She couldn't stand there any longer and let herself get pulled away by his charming looks and smooth voice. After all she knew his type. Find a girl, okay with said girl, then leave. She refused to be another toy he could throw away, she had far more important things to deal with anyways, like school and the future, which he DEFINITELY isn't apart of.

As the last chord hit, Richie found himself jumping over the railing, landing roughly on the sofa below in an effort to chase after his mystery girl. His feet worked fast, hopping over the arm of the couch and past the arms reaching out to grab him, tumbling into the hallway where he could see the girl escaping through the sliding glass door which lead outback. The lights strung up did little to hide her flustered expression, making Richie's heart flutter as he pushed himself away from the wall he was currently colliding with. When he reached the door he launched himself outside, nearly tripping over an abandoned beer keg that was a sip away from being completely bone dry. He caught sight of the girl as she whipped around, surprised at the sudden metal clanging from Richie's accident, her eyes blown wide. Richie took this moment to catch up to her, falling over into the gate which blocked her only exit.

"Wh-" He paused to suck in a breath, "Where are you going?" Richie nearly winced at how dumb the question sounded, but he was so relieved that he actually caught her that he didn't even care. He watched as she opened her mouth to respond, but quickly closed it as she noticed nothing was coming out. "I was just- I don't know, believe it or not I normally don't do this at every party I play. Are you thirsty?" Again, Richie nearly cursed himself for being so idiotic, but he relaxed when he heard one word leave her lips.

"Sure." She breathed, obviously a little uneasy about the whole ordeal, and quite shocked with herself as to why she would say yes to all people. However she couldn't help but smile as he lit up, a big cheesy grin on his face.

"Great! I know a place that will knock your socks off. If you're even wearing socks, I won't judge."

Should I make a part 2??? I wasn't sure where to go after this :p Thank all the emo music videos for this idea, mainly Bulls in the Bronx which inspired the whole running scene. I used to thirst over Jaime Preciado in it pfftt. And don't get me started on Ollie Sykes oh my GOD I had the biggest crush on him. But actually, the man I simped over the most in my emo days was Gerard Way. I was OBSESSED. It was actually quite sad, especially when I found out he was married. My 13yo heart snapped in half.