Chapter 8 - What's going on?

Sarth sat down on the sofa in his office while drying his wet hair. No matter how much he tried, he just couldn't stop thinking about the conversation between him and jhanavi earlier. She looked so heartbroken. But was she really?  But why was he thinking or caring about her because she didn't. He let out a frustrated sigh and laid down. As he closed his eyes he went back into the moment.

Flashback.

When sarth came out of the changing room he saw jhanavi running out of the room. He tried to ignore her but he just couldn't hold himself back. he quickly apologized to everyone and ran after her.  When he was out of the building he looked around for her and then he saw her crossing the street but she wasn't really paying attention to the road and that's why she couldn't see the speeding car coming her way.

Sarth :- "Jhanavi!"

Sarth shouted her name repeatedly while sprinting towards her but she didn't stop. What was she thinking about that she is so lost. Just when the car was about to hit her sarth pulled her back to saftey.

Sarth :- "Are you mad?!"

Sarth yelled at her and shook jhanavi by her shoulder to get her attention  which worked. She did a quick glance of her surrounding then she looked at him with a broken look.

Sarth :- "What are you doing jhanavi?!"

Jhanavi didn't say anything but just looked into his eyes with tears in which made sarth's heart ache for some reason. He closed his eyes and shook his feelings away and made a serious face.

Sarth :- "Jhanavi."

Jhanavi :- "Are you married?"

Jhanavi asked out of nowhere shocking him.

Sarth :- "What?"

Sarth furrowed his eyebrows of course he is married. They never really got divorced. But why was she asking him this? Was she thinking about this really? All these thoughts ran through his mind which made his head ache. He mesaaged his temples in frustration, not knowing what to reply. she was asking such a stupid question.

Sarth :- "Of course I am. We never really got divorced remember?"

This reply made jhanavi confused because she just stared at him with furrowed eyebrows.

Jhanavi :- "Then you didn't remarry?"

Now this made sarth more confused and more frustrated.

Sarth :- "Of course not jhanavi. Do you think after what you have done to me I'll be excited for my second marriage?"

Sarth was feeling irritated at her stupid questions. He looked into her eyes which were now  filled with regret, guilt and hurt? Was she really feeling bad for what she did. Well he didn't care even if she did, that's what he reassured himself with. 

Jhanavi :- "Then your daughter?"

Realization dawned upon sarth now he knew why she was asking all this. After meeting jiya she thought he got married again. Seriously. He just couldn't believe it.

Sarth :- "Oh so that's why you are asking me these questions? But tell me jhanavi why do you care huh? You were the one who left! not me and now you have the audacity to ask me these questions!"

Suddenly it started raining but they didn't seemed to be bothered by it, they were just lost in each others eyes while under the rain getting  completely drenched. Maybe he was trying to find something  maybe even she was but they didn't knew what.