Chapter 20 - Regret

Sarth grabbed his mask and glasses, so no one would recognize him, while he is on his morning walk. He hardly saw anyone on the road at 5am but still he always made sure. He was about to walk out of the room but stopped when he saw jhanavi waking up.

Jhanavi :- "Good morning."

Jhanavi groggily wished as she sat up while trying to put her messy morning hair into a ponytail. Sarth smiled slightly at this, Jhanavi was never a morning person.

Sarth :- "Good morning jhanavi."

Jhanavi :- "You still go for your morning walks?"

Sarth :- "Yes it's good you should come with me."

Sarth offered with a smile but jhanavi could see the slight mischievousness behind it. He knew she wasn't a fan of morning walks, she quickly laid back down and gave sarth a nervous smile.

Jhanavi :- "I'm still feeling sleepy I'll go back to sleep."

Sarth :- "Jhanavi let's go, you will feel better."

Sarth stepped closer to the bed and slightly pulled the blanket but jhanavi quickly grabbed it and pulled it back over her head.

Jhanavi :- "Oh my god no sarth please I don't like morning walks."

Sarth :- "Oh my god yes jhanavi please morning walks are always good for you."

Sarth mimicked her, making her shoot him a glare which just made him chuckle.

Jhanavi :- "No please."

Sarth :- "Yes please."

Their yes and no banter continued for another few seconds but then sarth managed to convince her to join him.

Jhanavi :- "Ok fine give me 5 minutes."

Jhanavi stood up and took her sweet time to go to the bathroom while murmuring how much she hated morning walks. Sarth controlled his laugh and pretended to not hear it, but when she was inside bathroom, he burst out laughing.

Sarth :- "Somethings never change."
.
.
.
.
.
After jhanavi was ready they both headed outside and began their morning walk. At first jhanavi had a tired look on her face but then it turned into a relaxed one, Sarth knew this, she would always complain about walking up in the morning and doing walk, but then she will feel relaxed, and would thank him for bringing her.

They actually used to do it daily after marriage, it was her idea but sarth made her do it, when he knew she wasn't going to act on it.

Jhanavi :- "It feels good thank you for bringing me."

Jhanavi smiled at sarth brightly which he returned.

Sarth :- "Anytime."

Jhanavi :- "You do this daily?"

Jhanavi asked with a curious expression, sarth nodded his head and smiled looking around.
It always made him feel good and relaxed whenever he was feeling down or frustrated. It took his mind off things.

Sarth :- "Yeah it makes me feel relaxed."

Jhanavi followed his gaze and nodded in admiration.

Jhanavi :- "I never even did it once in these 5 years. I tried but then aarvi was born so never got the chance, plus I was lazy."

Sarth and jhanavi both laughed at the last line, Sarth looked on at her, as they walked, he realized how hard it must have been for her, the whole pregnancy, giving birth, then