The Snow Globe Clause

Bernard stormed us around a corner and into a new room. It was here I began to feel a bit afraid, especially without my dad here with me. Why was this strange small man trying to get me alone? Does this count as stranger danger? Was I about to be murdered? And why was I his business that nobody was to interrupt? Was he coming onto me? Because his dark eyes were seemingly filled with too much disgust for that to be the case.

After a brief moment of thinking of all the possible worsts that could happen to me, I took a moment to take in my surrounding.

Well, it's not a murder basement, so that's good.

This room had a long table, with a chandelier and many chairs... perhaps a dining hall. Garlands and ivy floated along the walls, draped in a manner that was both effortless, but tidy at the same time. Around the base of the crystal chandelier was a ring of unlit candles, but as soon as we walked in, they burst into flame. 

"Are you going to tell me why I had to be along for all of that now?" I rubbed my sore arm after he finally let go.

"Angel,"

"Angie-" I corrected for the second time.

"Whatever." He grumped. "Hold on, he should be here any second."

"Who?" I looked around, but the room was empty of all other life, but by the time my wandering eyes made their way back to Bernard, another boy was standing next to him. I jumped in surprise.

"Is this her??" Curtis looked a bit younger than Bernard. He was shorter and with small round golden glasses that sat on the tip of his pointed nose.

"Yes." Bernard responded shortly.

"Wow, something got his jingle bells in a knot." Curtis laughed, "Sorry Angel, he's grumpy today. Well, he's grumpy most all days." Curtis was much more friendly, and like Charlie, he was shaking with excitement, although I couldn't tell why.

"It's Angie... Why does everyone here know my full name?" I looked between the two, first at Bernard's dark eyes, then at Curtis's lighter green eyes. I hadn't gone by my full name since my mom passed away years ago, so every time someone mentioned it, it would take me by surprise. Both of them ignored the question. Curtis had something else on his mind.

"You have it, don't you? I want to see it!" Curtis held out his hands expectantly.

"Have what??" The feeling of unease set in again. What did he want to see? By the way, they didn't seem that torn up about the last Santa kicking the bucket... maybe these were psycho murder elves.

"You know...! The globe!" Curtis beamed at me.

"The globe?" I responded, raising an eyebrow. "You mean... like a globe of the earth?"

"No, the snow globe! The one you were gifted!"

"My snow globe?" I looked at my empty hands and held them out. "I mean, I only have one snow globe...No, I left it at home- Well, I mean-" I turned to the door, but back at the two elves. "It appeared in the sleigh, but I don't know where it's gone since then- I didn't even bring it there with me... It was supposed to be left at home at least." I continued to ramble, twisting my thumbs together as I thought. "Charlie must have snagged it from my room before we left- That's the only explanation..." My words trailed off.

The two elve's eyes widened suddenly, staring at my hands. Slowly, my eyes met where theirs were staring. In my hands, my hands that were empty not a half second ago, was my stupid snow globe firmly grasped between my two palms. As before, it was glittering and glowing brightly."How even- how is this happening??"

"Let me see it! I want to hold it!" Curtis jumped up from where he had sat at the table and ran around it so that he was standing next to me. He held out his hands expectantly, and I was about to hand it over, but Bernard stopped me.