The Council of Legendary Figures

It was a bright Friday afternoon. I had just started filing this year's popular toys to start production in the Workshop's archives when I heard a knock on the archway behind me. I turned from the mile-tall dark wooden cabinets to see Curtis standing at the door.

He cleared his throat. "Angie," Curtis called, "You have an important meeting this afternoon. Bernard wanted me to find you."

"Meeting? I don't have a meeting scheduled," I pulled out my pocket planner, a little golden vastly decorated thing with tiny pages inside, and checked over what I had for the day. "I don't have anything marked. What's it for?"

"I don't know, Bernard made it sound serious though. They're waiting in Santa's office. He said to hurry."

I nodded and stood, setting the large pile of papers and catalogs on the desk next to me.

It was a good thing that I had dressed nicely today; an ankle-length dark red circle skirt with a black turtle neck, along with the delicate floral bracelet Bernard had bought for me; because when Curtis and I stepped into Dad's office we were met with several unfamiliar faces.

"Oh," My eyes widened with surprise.

"Angie," Bernard quickly walked over, speaking quietly, "This is... these are the Council of Legendary Figures,"

I took a sharp breath in and held it, my mouth slightly hanging open. "Uh," I looked at Bernard with a bewildered expression as Curtis silently took his leave.

"Breathe, Angie," He whispered with a slight smile. I could feel all their Legendary Powered eyes falling on me and I turned pink.

Dad was sitting awkwardly on the red loveseat, one of his legs bouncing, and his hands fidgeting on his lap.

"Are we ready to begin?" A tall majestic woman asked in a calm voice. "Santa, Angel, I am glad you could both make it. I suppose you are wondering why we are here. Welcome to your first end-of-year conference. I am Mother Nature, another Legendary Figure like yourself."

Dad's round eyes never looked rounder. "I am a Legendary Figure?"

Mother Nature chuckled, "Well, you are Santa, are you not?"

Dad nodded slowly, as if just remembering this fact.

"I'm going to have everyone introduce themselves, then we are going to start." She smiled.

"Father Time," A very old-looking man with a very long white beard smiled. He held a long twisted staff which was taller than him. "It's nice to meet you two. I've been watching you for a long time," He said with a smile.

I suppose that wouldn't be a completely strange thing for Father Time to say to someone, but it still made me wonder why exactly he had been watching us.

"E.B, Easter Bunny," The... literal human-sized rabbit with a fancy blue embroidered vest said with a confident nod, raising a furry paw to the air.

"And I'm Cupid," Came a voice from above us. I looked up to see a tiny man with a bow and arrow.

We all looked at the next Figure over but he was asleep. Cupid shot him with an arrow, and he groggily sat up. "Ouch," He blinked slowly. I would have expected him to start reciting love poetry, but aside from causing him to rub his arm where the arrow hit him, he didn't have any other reaction. "Oh, oh right. Sandman." He laid his head back down into his arms and dozed off again.

Tooth Fairy didn't even need to introduce himself, it was obvious by the fact that he had his hands in the sleeping Sandman's mouth with some shiny tools and whispering to himself about teeth.