Wuddle Wumps

Last night was definitely something.

Most of the time, two people who have, as Bernard said, "never done it before" don't tend to "do it" very well but- Who knows... Maybe it's the soulmates thing? Maybe it was an elf thing? I had no idea.

His long hair brushing against my face as I looked into his eyes... they were so focused but so warm at the same time. The clumsy unknowing hands fumbling around, as he kept looking to me for reassurance. Best of all, the way he just held me after, entangled in his arms and our legs wrapped together comfortably. I guess we fell asleep that way. 

Sunlight crept into my room, slowly casting more and more soft warm rays in by the minute. I took a deep breath in and stretched my arms out, before flopping them down at my sides.

"Ow,"

My eyes shot open and I looked over.

"Well good morning to you too," He turned, groggily rubbing his face where I totally just slapped him awake.

"I, well- Good morning."

I had not expected him to sleep over, well- I guess he had before, I shouldn't think so hard about it. Yeah, I was worried about what others might think, but seeing him laying there, the light just illuminating his collar bone, his sharp features more contrasted than usual with the way all shadows seemed so much darker.

I sat up, leaning my weight on one arm. It seems as though the light also revealed something to him because all at once, his eyes got really wide. He sat up too, brushing his hand lightly on my neck, then rubbing it, as if trying to smudge some dirt off.

"Angie, I am so sorry," Bernard's eyebrows bunched together, his face suddenly clear and concentrated, "I didn't even know-"

"Hold on- throw me your shirt," I held my hand out, and he reached over the side of the bed and threw it to me. I quickly put it on and ran to my bathroom, examining my neck where he was looking. "Oh goodness..." Just like he did, I started intensely rubbing my neck... not just my neck, my shoulders, and probably further if I looked, where it looked like someone had beat me up with suction cups.

"It's bad, Angie, I am so sorry," I could hear his voice, sounding absolutely dismayed.

I walked back, leaning on the door frame just shaking my head, "How did you even manage to do this?" I was slightly shocked, but the idea was starting to become amusing to me, and I started laughing. "I thought there was just one... but wow-"

"I didn't mean to, I am so-"

"Bernard," I tried to stop myself from chuckling. "Stop apologizing, it's alright," I slid onto the bed next to him again. "It's funny-"

"But everyone will know! Your dad is going to kill me!" He whisper yelled, his hands covering his face which was turning pink.

"I have concealer, it will be okay," I moved his fingers out of the way of his eyes so that I could look at him. "Hey- put the hands down-thank you- I love you." I smiled. "In fact," I kissed him slowly, my hands grazing his sides.

"I have work," He softly grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"And I can't convince you to stay?" I frowned, "You've been late, what, maybe once your whole career of a thousand years?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I've never been late- Hey stop that!" He grabbed my hand that was trying to keep traveling southwards, but slowly shook his head, a small smile creeping onto his face again. "You are a bad influence on me, you know that?"

"No, I'm a good balance. I keep you on your feet."

"Or off of them in this case," He smirked.

"As I intend to," I kissed him again.