Epilogue

It was about time that the North Pole began a new chapter. A chapter without gnomes and any of the drama they brought. A few years passed and with those years came a lot of new stories and a lot of new happy memories.

As for any untied ends:

Both of my Grandparents are doing well. They regularly visit as their schedule allows, and my grandpa learned a lot of toy-making tips and tricks that he brings home to teach my uncles in their shop. He still enjoyed doing wheelies and showing off to the elves who all thought he was really cool.

Speaking of family, Dad remembered that my Grandpa Cormac's brother, Great Uncle Jim, or, Big Jim, for short, had been providing wood for my Grandpa's toy store for years. Turns out that humans were less picky and less prone to throwing tantrums about little things. Sure, we let him know about the secret too. We had to explain the sudden interest somehow. In fact, Big Jim didn't even question the whole thing. I always thought he was the crazy uncle growing up since he was so eccentric about his beliefs in mythical creatures, but it just happened that he was right all along.

As for Charlie, he finally was starting to grow taller, almost taller than me now, which was a sad realization. He said goodbye to his bowl cut, which made him look so much older in a much shorter span of time. He also began talking about and to girls, which I also didn't like, as he still seems like a baby in my eyes who should only love Christmas bedtime stories and playing make-believe.

Dad, much to his joy, in all honesty, got fatter, rounder and his beard got longer. He recently tried to teach the elves how to play football, which didn't make very much sense to them until he added in some "Christmas flare". We started calling it "Tinsel Football", then suddenly everyone was invested in playing.

He still gives Bernard a hard time for no other reason than he can and began calling him more "B" names including Bernadette, Brittany, and Beatrix. Bernadette sort of began sticking as a good reoccurring nickname that even I began calling him just to watch him roll his eyes. (He secretly loves it even though he's trying to take the pen out of my hand and is currently insisting that he does not).

Judy and Theo finally got engaged after realizing that there really was no reason for them to wait any longer, especially after witnessing my weird "wedding". It wasn't even a week after we returned from the gnome kingdom that Judy popped the question and Theo said yes. We later found out that Theo was simply waiting for Judy to ask, and Judy was waiting for Theo. It just took a little chaotic wedding crashing and possible North Pole crumbling for her to realize it was their time. They're planning their wedding for next Spring and are going to honeymoon in "Santa's Village" amusement park after hearing what Bernard had to say about it and becoming curious.

Curtis got promoted to "third in command" after helping around the workshop while Bernard was preoccupied with turning back into a human and trying to save me. Turns out, as annoying as he can be, that he actually holds things together pretty well in the mix of all the chaos, which is what we needed. He also stopped acting so petty and strange about Bernard and my relationship at some point too, and I started to notice his affections being turned elsewhere, that is, Judy's sister Abby, although I don't think he's completely noticed it yet.

I'm sure you're wondering about Bernard and I as well. No, we didn't get engaged in a big swoon of emotions after me potentially being wed off. We spent the next few years getting to know each other more and more, getting into petty arguments, and being downright sarcastic with each other like normal. Dad says we act like an old married couple, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Even with his tough exterior, he is really a softy on the inside, as I'm sure you've learned. We spend our downtime talking by the fire with cups of cocoa while he plays with my hair.

And... yes, he has learned how to not leave me looking like I got cupping therapy... at least not in the areas anyone sees.

So much in my life has changed since Christmas of 1994, changes nobody could have ever predicted but changes that I would never take back. It makes one wonder; just how many more adventures will life bring me on now?

I guess we'll have to find out.

A/N:

Well, guys, you did it. 40 chapters later and we finally finished! I really appreciate everyone who has read along this far and I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing. I've never finished writing a book before so it's actually a big achievement for me.

I plan on going back and editing this book (I know there's some stuff I should cut down and little plot holes), but before then, I've already started the sequel. It's called Mistletoe and Roses and will pick up where the second movie starts. I'll post the link here, but it can also easily be found on my profile considering it's the only other thing posted.

https://www.wattpad.com/1339864753-mistletoe-and-roses-a-the-santa-clause-story

Also, here's some random gnome art I made of the characters:

Our dear leader, King Felpip

Right to left: Yosrich, Jormop, and Ronrug

An Old Gnome and His Grandson