I'll Have a Blue (Pink) Christmas Without (With) You

Angie's POV

I awoke the next morning to feel a heavy weight on my chest. No, not an emotionally dreary heavy weight, but a literal heavy weight sitting on my chest. I stretched slowly, and took a deep breath in, finally opening my eyes. The light from the windows was too bright, so I squinted at my surroundings.

Nina was sitting on my chest. When I made eye contact with her, she made another "Brr?" noise and began purring loudly, as if she was sitting waiting there for me to wake up.

I was not in my bed. I sat up suddenly and was hit with the pang of a horrible headache. I groaned, holding my forehead with one hand.

"What am I doing here?" I thought to myself.

It clicked that I did not in fact go home. I looked at the blanket around my shoulders. "I must have fallen asleep on the couch last night..."

"How are you feeling?" I heard Bernard's voice ask from the archway. He was holding a glass of water in one hand.

"I've had better days," I blinked slowly a few more times.

He walked into the living room and handed me the glass, sitting down in the chair next to me. "I'd give you an "aspirin" like you said, but I don't think we have those here. Here, water will help a little bit at least."

"Thank you," I yawned. "You know, I have to admit, I've never gotten a headache from drinking only two glasses of wine before, but I guess there's a first for everything." I gave a small smile.

Bernard chuckled, "I'm sorry, I should have warned you more,"

"Bernard, I was the one pressuring you, not the other way around." I shook my head.

"But still," He sighed. Bernard did look a little guilty, which then made me feel bad because it was totally not his fault. "I can make you some breakfast if you'd like also, and some tea, tea always helps."

It was a little cute how concerned he was for me. "I'm alright really, I'll be just fine in a few hours."

"Well I already have everything ready, so too bad, you have to." He said with a small smile, "Do you feel well enough to walk to the kitchen, or do you want me to bring it to you?" His eyebrows moved together, his face morphing from a smile to a bit of concern again.

"I feel fine, really," I stood up, and Bernard held out his hand to stable me, which I really didn't need, but he kept it there wary as if I was going to fall over any second. "I just have a headache, I swear I'm okay," I laughed at his hovering.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Certain?"

"100 percent."

Bernard sighed and moved his arms away as we walked to the kitchen. "I made toast and eggs, I know it's not as grand as spaghetti but its food,"

The two of us ate, and he gave me time to sort myself out before heading back to the Workshop. He insisted that I stay longer, but I knew the longer I stayed, the more elves around would notice. No doubt, some were already suspicious of me not returning home last night... Judy is going to flip when she hears that Bernard walked me back after disappearing all night. Bernard made sure to put his snow globe in his satchel to "get it repaired."

"Bernard, what are you doing here?" Curtis asked when the two of us walked into the workshop. His eyes flipped between us. "You told me that I was in charge today."

"You are," He said, "I was walking Angie back home. We went on a walk this morning."

I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been avoiding Curtis the best I could. I didn't care that he had feelings for me, but I was bitter more about him telling his mom. Perhaps I should be as bitter with Shirley, but she was very friendly and gave me free clothes... I was just a petty person.